Virologist Job Description
virologist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Virologist Job Description
Virologist is a person who studies viruses.
Virologists study viruses and virus-like particles.
A virus is a microscopic organism that cannot reproduce on its own.
Instead, it can only reproduce by infecting other living cells.
A virus-like particle (VLP) is a smaller version of a virus.
It does not contain genetic material, instead it replicates through binding to other cells and incorporating into the host cell’s DNA.
Virologists may conduct research to find new treatments for viruses, and study the effects of viruses on animals, plants, and humans.
They are also responsible for testing new
We’re looking for Virologist to work on a new project. The project will be to develop a new virus that will be used to cure cancer.
- Work closely with the product development leader to coordinate ongoing research activities
- Help to develop and maintain research protocols
- Conduct research and develop solutions for a variety of viruses and biotoxins
- Help to analyze data, summarize findings, and prepare reports
- Work closely with project managers to share and discuss research results
- Coordinate the collection of laboratory data
- Coordinate and administer the laboratory budget
- Track, supervise, and evaluate laboratory personnel
- Complete any other assigned duties
- PhD in virology or a related field
- 5+ years’ direct experience in virology
- Proven ability to establish working relationships with researchers and peers
- Strong communication and leadership abilities
- Strong knowledge of relevant laboratory techniques
Requirements And Skills:
- Plan and oversee laboratory operations to ensure quality and accuracy
- Supervise the daily functions of laboratory technicians
- Provide leadership to staff in formulating and enforcing policies
- Plan, establish, and manage budget
- Develop, maintain, and update standard operating procedures
- Ensure quality standards are met
- Manage equipment and supplies inventory
- Review lab reports and test data, and consult with medical, clinical, and technical experts for resolution
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and company information
- Complete regular inspection, testing, and preventive maintenance of equipment
- Prepare and submit periodic reports to management, regulatory agencies, and clients
- Communicate effectively with management, employees, physicians, and clients
- Train, supervise, and evaluate staff
- Assist with integrating new technologies
- Help with facility and systems upgrades
- Maintain current
Company Name is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We firmly believe that our team should reflect the incredible diversity of our society. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages. We are also proud to support our veterans and individuals with disabilities.