Wait Staff Job Description
wait staff job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Wait Staff Job Description
Wait staff is a subset of employees that wait on tables in a restaurant, hotel, or store.
Wait staff perform a variety of tasks, including taking orders, serving food and beverages, and cleaning.
Wait staff also interacts with customers, responding to their questions or helping them with their needs.
We’re looking for Wait Staff to provide a first-class dining experience to our guests. As a Wait Staff member, you will be responsible for taking orders, serving food and drinks, and providing a high level of customer service. If you are a team player with a positive attitude and a passion for food and service, we want you on our Wait Staff!
Wait Staff Duties:
- Provide excellent customer service to patrons from arrival to departure
- Provide prompt, courteous, and effective service, greet customers, and answer calls
- Organize and accommodate guests, maintain clear and organized tables, and help in preparation of food and beverage
- Clean and sanitize work areas and storage areas
- Maintain cleanliness of restaurants, hotel, and lodging facility
- Arrange for food deliveries, stock supplies and equipment
- Report to management any issues with management and staff
Wait Staff Responsibilities:
- Perform food prep and table service to the highest standards
- Move food from kitchen to dining room, and from one table to another
- Carry food trays to and from dining area
- Prepare food, drinks, and garnishes
- Serve food to tables
- Clear dishes, glasses, silverware, and condiments from tables
- Charges guests and settles accounts
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of dining area
- Promotes a positive dining experience by greeting customers, responding to requests for service, and responding to complaints
- Accepts payment or provides complete change
- Receipts, handles, and deposits customer payments
- Delivers beverages and food to guests at tables
- Takes orders, gives change, and serves beverages and food
- Washes dishes and glassware
- Keeps work area clean and well stocked
Requirements And Skills:
- Strong communication skills
- Experience serving a variety of customers
- Ability to work in a high volume environment
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
At [Company Name], we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.