Web Editor Job Description
web editor job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Web Editor Job Description
A web editor is a person responsible for creating, editing and maintaining content for a website.
The web editor is often responsible for managing the work of other users.
The web editor may be in charge of a team of writers and photographers who create website content or may be in charge of a single writer or photographer.
The web editor also ensures that content conforms to search engine optimization (SEO) guidelines.
These guidelines include the use of keywords, proper use of headers, and descriptions in articles, and ensuring that all images used in website content are optimized.
The web editor is also responsible for ensuring that content appearing on the website is appropriate for the site’s target audience.
We’re looking for a Web Editor to help us improve our website. You will be responsible for finding and fixing errors, as well as writing and editing new content. If you have a strong knowledge of HTML and CSS, and a keen eye for detail, we want to hear from you!
Web Editor Duties:
- Develop, write, and edit content for web sites and web applications
- Design web pages and graphics, using interface design tools
- Research, evaluate, and recommend software solutions
- Analyze user requirements
- Plan and implement new products and features
- Accept and deliver website user feedback
- Create and manage website navigation and structure
- Review designs completed by designers
- Manage and coordinate website testing
- Produce technical documentation
- Create and deliver training
- Provide back-up support
- Keep current with web technologies, industry standards, and current design trends
- Understand and manage website updates
- Ensure that web standards are met and maintained
- Manage web content delivery systems
- Create and manage metadata and database
- Manage web content and data
- Provide quality control
Web Editor Responsibilities:
- Strong leadership, communication, and management skills
- Knowledge of website editing, content management systems, and search engine optimization best practices
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize
Requirements And Skills:
- Develop, write, edit, and publish informative and interesting content on company website for a variety of audiences, including employees and customers
- Establish and maintain editorial calendar and editorial style guidelines, including approving and tracking all content before posting
- Research and ensure that content is up to date and relevant to audience
- Ensure that content is accessible and optimized for mobile devices and other responsive devices
- Track analytics to determine demographics and readership of content
- Create content calendars and budgets
- Edit, proofread, and rewrite content as necessary
At Company Name, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.