Wood Finisher Job Description
wood finisher job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Wood Finisher Job Description
A wood finisher is a type of person who applies stain, paint or other coating to wood.
Many wood finishers are self-employed, working independently or for an independent contractor.
Others work for the industrial, commercial, or residential woodworking industries, or in forestry or construction.
A wood finisher may have expertise in one kind of wood finish, such as polyurethane or oil-based varnish.
Or they may have a broad range of skills, applying multiple kinds of finishes to a variety of projects.
A wood finisher typically works with several types of woods, such as plywood, cabinets, furniture, doors, flooring,
We’re looking for a Wood Finisher who is experienced in working with a variety of wood types and finishes. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and have a keen eye for detail. If you are a team player with a positive attitude and a passion for woodworking, then we’d love to hear from you!
Wood Finisher Duties:
- Provide technical advice for base-level finishing of projects, and for prefinish work
- Prepare and oversee all wood finishing processes, including stain, lacquer, oil, varnish, and polyurethane
- Work directly with architects and clients to determine process needs of specific projects
- Apply finishes to wood surfaces by spraying, brushing, or wiping
- Ensure surfaces are free of dust and debris prior to finishing, and that all finishes are applied according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Follow manufacturers’ recommended drying times
- Perform hand sanding using standard sanding equipment
- Insure that finished surfaces are smooth and free from defects and inconsistencies
- Follow instructions about finishing work, including analysis, estimating, material purchases, drying times, and waste disposal
- Work with vendors, architects, and customers to resolve difficulties that arise during finishing
Wood Finisher Responsibilities:
- Hiring for a full-time position as an Entry Level Wood Finisher
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English
- Responsible for all aspects of finishing work including, but not limited to:
Requirements And Skills:
- Apply stain, lacquer, varnish, and other finishes to raw wood, cabinet components, or furniture
- Perform manual or mechanical finishing processes, such as rubbing, buffing, brushing, sanding, and scraping to remove excess coatings, and fill and level surface imperfections
- Use automatic spray equipment to apply coatings to wood components, furniture, or cabinets
- Measure, mix, and apply coatings according to manufacturer’s specifications and use jigs and clamps, or banding or glues, to attach components
- Prepare wood or wood components for finishing by cleaning, sanding, stripping, or pickling
- Apply sealer and topcoats to wood components or furniture
- Inspect finished wood components for quality, use hand tools and test equipment to test surfaces for smoothness and appearance
- Measure, prepare, and apply stain, lacquer, varnish,
At Company Name, we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to success. We are committed to building a team that reflects our values of diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all people, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or age.