Yoga Instructor Job Description
yoga instructor job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Yoga Instructor Job Description
A yoga instructor is a person who instructs groups of people in the practice of yoga.
Currently, there are various levels of accreditation for yoga instructors.
These include many styles of yoga, such as Ashtanga, Tantra, Jivamukti, Kundalini, Iyengar, Anusara, and Bikram, as well as Yoga Alliance certifications.
Certain yoga schools and studios require teachers to be certified.
Certification allows instructors to teach classes that are authorized and sanctioned by the school.
To receive certification, many yoga instructors must attend yoga teacher training, a 200-hour program that is required by most schools.
We’re looking for a Yoga Instructor to teach at our studio. We offer a variety of classes, and our instructors are passionate about helping people learn and grow in their practice. If you’re a Yoga Instructor who’s interested in teaching at our studio, please contact us.
Yoga Instructor Duties:
- Provide information to new and existing clients about the benefits of yoga and different services offered
- Manage and maintain the studio to ensure it is clean and well organized
- Create and maintain lesson plans for yoga classes
- Encourage students to participate in activities and engage with other instructors
- Demonstrate proper execution of each yoga pose in class
- Carry out administrative tasks such as scheduling, billing, and customer relations
- Train new instructors on proper execution of yoga movements
- Advise clients individually on yoga routines and practices
- Assist in marketing, scheduling, and business development efforts
- Encourage students and instructors to participate in fundraisers and special events
- Coordinate with studio managers to ensure smooth flow of yoga activities
- Conduct regular yoga classes
- Assist in special events/activities
- Additional Skills:
- Yoga Instructor
- Massage Therapist
- Personal Trainer
Yoga Instructor Responsibilities:
- Evaluate students’ physical conditions and specific needs, and recommend appropriate classes or exercises
- Develop, implement, and evaluate exercise programs plans
- Create a yoga program for students to help them develop flexibility, strength, stamina, and conditioned for physical activities
- Coordinate with students on scheduling, billing, and class cancellations
- Advise students and employees of benefits available to them
- Review current processes and procedures, and suggest ways to streamline processes
- Oversee and maintain physical plant, supplies, and equipment
- Develop and update budgets
- Maintain a positive business image
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in physical education, health, dance, or a related field
- 2+ years’ teaching experience in yoga programs
- Strong knowledge of yoga asanas, breathing exercises, and yoga philosophy
- Knowledge of appropriate yoga methodologies for different populations
Company Name is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to building a strong and successful team. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, religions, nationalities, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages. We are especially committed to supporting veterans and individuals with disabilities.