- What Data We Collect
1.1 Directly Collected Data
We collect different data from you depending on how you use the Services. When you use the Services, including a third-party platform, we collect any data provide directly. The data listed below is stored by us and associated with your account.
We may offer email newsletters on our Service. If you sign up to receive a newsletter from us, we collect your email address and may use that email address to contact you.
User Accounts and Profiles:
Our Service gives you the ability to register for a Company account or to create and update a user profile on the applicable Service. When you sign up for the Service, we will collect the personal information that you provide to us registering for an account or creating or updating a user/company profile. This information may include first name, last name, corporate name, corporate email, corporate logo, CV, postal address, telephone number, email address, your professional title, interests you express in different products and services and related demographic information about you. We may indicate that some personal information is required for you to register for the account or to create the profile, while some is optional. The personal data may be shared in different formats such as text, MCQ, video, and audio etc.
Our Service may contain interactive functionality that allows you to engage with other users on the Service, post comments to forums, our blog to upload photographs and other content (the “User Materials”), participate in surveys, and otherwise to interact with the Service and with other users. If you use any interactive functionality on our Service that requests or permits you to provide us with personal information (including, for example, any services that allow you to post User Materials on our Service), we collect the personal information that you provide to us in the course of using these interactive features.
If you contact us by email, using a contact form on the Service, or by mail, fax, or other means, we collect the personal information contained within and associated with, your correspondence (the “Correspondence”).
Sweepstakes, Promotions, and Surveys
Communications and Support
1.2 Automatically Collected Data
The data listed below is collected throughout the use of server log files and tracking technologies, as detailed in the “Cookies and Data Collection Tools” section below. It is stored by us and associated your account.
Technical data about your computer or device, like your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other systems data, and platform types.
Usage statistics about your interactions with the Services, including content accessed, time spent on pages or the Service, pages visited, features used, your search queries, click data, date and time, referrer, and other data regarding your use of the Services.
We may collect information about your location when you visit our Website, mobile app through a mobile device or computer including information like your country, city, and geographic coordinates, calculated based on your IP address. We may get information about your network and device (e.g. IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser and add-ons, device identifier and features, cookie IDs and/or ISP, or your mobile carrier)
If you do not want to share us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location- tracking functions your mobile device; provided your mobile device allows you to do so.
1.3 Data From Third Parties
If you are a Velents enterprise or corporate, in addition to information you submit to us, we may collect certain business contract information from third-party commercial sources.
You and others may post content that includes information about you (such as posts, comments, videos, photos) on our Services.
We also receive personal data (e.g. your job title and work email address) about you when you use the services of or customers and partners, and applicant tracking systems providing us job data.
We receive data about you when you use some of other services provided by us or our affiliates.
- How We Get Data About You
We use tools like cookies, web beacons, and similar tracking technologies to gather the data listed above.
2.1 Cookies and Data Collection Tools
We use first party and third-party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons for our Website and Services to operate, and we refer to these as “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users and to enhance the experience of our Service. Third parties serve cookies through our website for advertising, analytics, and other purposes. To learn more about cookies, visit https://cookiepedia.co.uk/all-about-cookies . We may also use clear pixels in emails to track deliverability and open rates.
Velents and service providers acting on our behalf (like Google Analytics and third-party advertisers) use server log files and automated data collection tools like cookies, tags, scripts, customized links, device or browser fingerprints, and web beacons (together “Data Collection Tools”) when you access and use the Services. These Data Collection Tools automatically track and collect certain System Data and Usage Data when you use the Services.
These Data Collection Tools are essential for you to browse our website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of our website. The cookies are generally first-party session cookies. These are required for the Services to work properly, so if you disable them, parts of our website will break or be unavailable.
These Data Collection Tools allow our website remember choices you have made in the past, like what language you prefer, what region you would like, or what name and password are so you can automatically log in.
These Data Collection Tools collect information about how you use a website, like which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. None of this information can be used to identify you. It is all aggregated and, therefore, anonymized. Their sole purpose is to improve website functions. This includes cookies from third-party analytics services such as Facebook, Google Analytics, Amplitude etc. as long as the cookies are for the exclusive use of the owner of the website visited.
The Data Collection Tools track your online activity to help advertisers deliver more relevant advertising or to limit how many times you see an ad. These can share that information with other organizations or advertisers such as Google Ads. There are persistent cookies and almost always of third-party provenance.
The Data Collection Tools enable social media functionality, like sharing content with friends and networks. These cookies may track a user or device across other sites and build a profile of user interests for targeted advertising purposes.
- How We Use Your Data
We use the data we collect through your use of the Services to:
- Provide the Services including security, delivery, support, facilitate participation in content, personalization and communication.
- Connect to Stripe for process payments to users and other third parties.
- Process your requests and orders for products, specific services, information, or features.
- Communicate with you about your account by (including, chat bot)
- Responding your questions and concerns;
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including notifications about changes to our Services, and updates to our Agreements;
- Sending you information, such as by email or text messages about the Services and related content, news services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available content (which you can opt out of at any times);
- Sending push notifications to your wireless device to provide updates and other relevant messages (which you can manage from the “options” or “settings” page of the mobile app);
- Manage your account and account preferences and personalize your experience;
- Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse;
- Market products, services, surveys, and promotions;
- Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers and/or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers;
- Identify unique users across devices;
- Tailor advertisements across devices;
- Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features,
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data;
- Advertise the Services on third-party websites and applications;
- As required or permitted by law; or
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Services.
- Who We Share Your Data With
- Service Providers: We may disclose personal information third-party service providers such as Stripe, Affinda, Intercom etc. (e.g., payment processing and data storage and processing facilities) that assist us in our work. We share the data which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such personal information;
- Potential Employer
- Public Areas and Syndicated Services: Some features of our Service may allow you to upload, post or transmit User Materials to public areas of the Service. You include Personal Information in User Materials at your sole risk. We may allow you to select privacy options that limit access to some types of personal information in User Materials, but no security measures are impenetrable or perfect. Additionally, even after information posted is removed, archiving services may have saved that information. We cannot guarantee that any personal information that you provide on will not be accessed, viewed, or used by unauthorized persons.
- For Security and Legal Compliance:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation) or security or technical issues;
- Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of Velents, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Services;
- During a Change of Control: If Velents undergoes a business transaction like a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture, or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or some of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all of your data to the successor organization during such transition or in contemplation of a transition (including during due diligence)
We protect your data with appropriate security process. As with any internet-enabled system, there is always risk of unauthorized access. If you suspect any unauthorized access to your account, please contact us.
Velents takes appropriate security measures to protect your data against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. Unfortunately, no protection system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that any information provided to us in connection the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Protection of your password is important to us, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe third-party reached your password, you should change it immediately and contact Velents with any concerns.
- Your Rights
You can update or terminate your account from within our Services and can also contact us for individual rights requests about your personal data. Parents who believe we have unintentionally collected personal data about their underage child should contact us for help deleting that information. You have certain rights around the use of your data will explained below:
6.1 Right to Deletion
The scope of this right is not limited to the data controller, but also impacts third parties. We will share the privacy notice to inform you about the deletion of the data. Some exceptions have been admitted such as freedom of information, processing for research purposes, illegal activity or prosecute those responsible for the activity, legal obligation etc.
You can access and update your personal data that Velents collects and maintains as follows:
To terminate your account:
- If you have any issues terminating your account, please contact Velents.
6.2 Right to be informed
We will provide information on the following; the categories of personal data processed, the purposes of processing, the existence of your rights and the contact detail of the data protection office. Also you may click the link “Do Not Sell My Personal Information Page” and exercise your right to opt-out.
To update data you provide directly, log into your account and update your account at any time.
9.3 Right to Opt-Out
You can choose not to provide certain data to us, but you may not be able to use certain features of the Services.
- To stop receiving promotional communications from us, you can opt out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in the promotional communication you receive or by changing the email preferences in your account. Note that regardless of your email preference settings, we will send you transactional and relationship messages regarding the Services, including administrative confirmations, order confirmations, important updates about the Services, and notices about our policies.
- If you are located in the European Economic Area, you may opt out of certain Data Collection Tools by clicking the “Cookie settings“ link at the bottom of any page.
- The browser or device you use may allow you to control cookies and other types of local data storage. To learn more about managing cookies, visit https://cookiepedia.co.uk/how-to-manage-cookies. Your wireless device may also allow you to control whether location or other data is collected and shared.
- To opt out of allowing Google Analytics, Mixpanel, ZoomInfo, or Clearbit to use your data for analytics or enrichment, see the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, Mixpanel Opt-Out Cookie, ZoomInfo’s policy, and Clearbit data claiming mechanism.
- Apple iOS, Android OS, and Microsoft Windows each provide their own instructions on how to control in-app tailored advertising. For other devices and operating systems, you should review your privacy settings on that platform.
If you have any questions about your data, our use of it, or your rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6.4 Right To Access
To request to access, correct, or delete your personal data, please contact us. You can also submit these requests by emailing email@example.com. Please allow up to 1 month for a response. For your protection, we may require that the request be sent through the email address associated with your account, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Please note that we retain certain data where we have a lawful basis to do so, including for mandatory record-keeping and to complete transactions.
- Our Policy Concerning Children
Individuals younger than 18 years of age, but of the required age for consent to use online services where they live (for example, 13 in the US or 16 in Ireland). If we learn that we’ve collected personal data from a child under those ages, we will take reasonable steps to delete it.
Parents or guardians who believe that Velents may have collected personal data from a child under those ages can submit a request that it be removed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jurisdiction- Specific Rules
If you live in California, you have certain rights related to accessing and deleting your data, as well as learning who we share your data with. If you live in Australia, you have the right to make a formal complaint with the appropriate government agency. Users outside of the United States should note that we transfer data to the US and other areas outside of the European Economic Area.
8.1 Users in California
Users who are California residents have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, (“CCPA”). If you are an eligible California user, included in these rights are:
- “Right to Know” — You have the right to request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you and access a copy of your personal information.
- “Right to Correction” — You have the right to have inaccurate personal information about you corrected.
- “Right to Deletion” — You have the right to request deletion of personal information that we have collected about you.
- “Right to Non-Discrimination” — If you choose to exercise any of your rights under CCPA, Velents will treat you like all other users. In other words, there is no penalty for exercising your rights under CCPA.
- “Right to Opt-Out” - You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information.
To exercise any of these rights under CCPA, please email email@example.com CCPA allows you to designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. For your protection, we may require that the request be sent through the email address associated with your account, and we may need to verify you and/or your agent’s identity before fulfilling your request.
As a California resident, you also have the right to request certain details about what personal information we share with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To submit your request, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your mailing address, state of residence, and email address.
Since there is no widely accepted standard for the browser-initiated Do Not Track signal, we do not currently recognize or respond to Do Not Track signals.
8.2 Users in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and United Kingdom (“UK”)
If you are located in the EEA or UK, you have the right to request access to your data in a portable format and to request the rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, or objection to processing of your personal data. You also have the right to obtain a free copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses. You may use the information to submit your request. Additionally, if you are located in the EEA, UK, or Switzerland, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority.
Personal data is also processed outside of the UK, Switzerland, and the EEA by Velents, or our service providers, including to process transactions, facilitate payments, and provide support services. We use Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission to facilitate transfers of personal data from the EEA to third countries and have entered into data processing agreements with our service providers and Velents to restrict and regulate their processing of your data. By submitting your data or using our Services, you consent to this transfer, storage, and processing by Velents and its processors.
8.3 Users Outside of The U.S.
To provide the Services to you, we must transfer your data to the United States and process it there. If you are using the Services from outside the United States, you consent to transfer, storage, and processing of your data in and to the United States or other countries.
- Updates and Contact Information
When we make a material change to this policy, we’ll notify users via email, in-product notice, or another mechanism required by law. Changes become effective the day they’re posted.