Cook Job Description
cook job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Cook Job Description
A cook is a kitchen worker who typically prepares food, such as meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables.
Cooks are employed by restaurants and other food service providers, private households, and other institutions such as prisons and the military.
Cooks may specialize in a particular food, such as meat, fish, vegetables, or poultry, and may cook more or less of each type of food.
Cooks may be responsible for preparing meals for large numbers of people, or they may prepare meals for smaller groups.
Cooks also may be responsible for storing food, maintaining the kitchen, and supervising other kitchen workers.
We’re looking for Cook to come out from behind the counter and help us with our order.
- Prepare and cook meals in accordance with quality requirements and procedures
- Performing opening and closing procedures for kitchen
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen
- Keep records of inventory
- Provide on-the-job training for new employees
- Assist Food and Beverage Manager in planning menus and maintaining inventory
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned by F&B Manager
- Prepare meals and snacks for employees, and provide courteous, prompt, and professional service at all times
- Assist in preparation of daily menu
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness and sanitation
- Conduct inventory to control food cost
- Ensure compliance with sanitation requirement
- Assist in scheduling and expediting deliveries of food and supplies
- Conduct inspections of appliances and equipment to assure proper functioning
- Prepare food orders, stock, and handle cash
- Prepare reports, such as sales statistics, inventories, and menus
- Able to train new cooks
Requirements and Skills
- 2+ years of experience in professional kitchens
- Knowledge of food service facilities, manufacturing, and equipment
- Demonstrated aptitude in cooking
- Demonstrated ability to train other cooks
- Knowledge of sanitation standards, safe food handling, and food safety practices
At [Company Name], we believe that a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences creates a healthier and more productive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building an inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.