Executive Chef Job Description
executive chef job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Executive Chef Job Description
A chef de cuisine is a culinary professional who is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of a kitchen.
Chief culinary officers often hold a degree or certificate in culinary arts.
They usually work under the supervision of the executive chef.
The executive chef directs the activities of an entire kitchen staff.
The executive chef is assisted by a sous chef, who assists the executive chef with cooking, presentation of food, and menu planning.
The executive chef oversees all kitchen staff, including the head chef, sous chef, and kitchen staff.
The executive chef is responsible for managing the kitchen staff, hiring, firing, and evaluating employees.
We’re looking for an Executive Chef to join our team and help us take our restaurant to the next level. The Executive Chef will be responsible for overseeing the kitchen staff, developing new menu items, and ensuring that all dishes are prepared to our high standards. If you are a talented and experienced chef who is looking for a new challenge, then we want to hear from you!
Executive Chef Duties:
- Oversee proper execution of all kitchen operations
- Supervise and direct all culinary operations
- Coordinate the daily menu to keep within budget
- Provide training to any staff deemed necessary
- Attend culinary and medical conferences, seminars, and events
- Create and implement new menus
- Ensure proper sanitation, hygiene, and cleanliness standards are implemented
Executive Chef Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and maintain menus and programs for assigned services including banquets, receptions, meetings, conferences, and special events
- Evaluate client’s needs and develop menus, including special dietary requirements, based on those needs
- Select, supervise, train, and evaluate kitchen personnel
- Supervise kitchen personnel and inventory and food cost management, including inventory control, menu pricing, and purchasing
- Manage the kitchen and safety program to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Meet or exceed all sales objectives, including high volume sales
- Work closely with support staff to organize client events
- Provide leadership for special events, including rehearsal dinners
- Maintain the kitchen, supply, and dining service areas
- Oversee and assist production staff during food preparation
- Oversee housekeeping services
- Work with sales coordinator to develop event proposals
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food & Nutrition or Culinary Art
- 5+ years experience as a Executive Chef
- Extensive experience in high-end, full-service restaurant
- Experience building teams and leading culinary services
- Expertise in menu development and food costing
We at [Company Name] believe that diversity is key to success. We are committed to building an inclusive team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We strongly encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.