Installer Job Description
installer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Installer Job Description
An installer is an individual who installs or facilities services a product or system or performs some service.
Installers perform their work in residential, commercial, industrial, or institutional settings.
Installers typically undertake the work of construction, maintenance, or remodeling.
They study blueprints, manuals, and diagrams, as well as solve mechanical or electrical problems, to determine where and how to install equipment.
They set up equipment, connect wires, and mount or install cabinets and fixtures.
We’re looking for an Installer to come and help us install some new equipment in our office.
- Preparation and installation of windows, doors, siding, and roofing
- Install windows, doors, siding, roofing, and other building materials
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients
- Make appropriate client contact/escalation
- Perform job analysis, job estimates, and job preparation
- Take part in job safety meetings
- Closely monitor stock levels to ensure sufficient inventory levels
- Complete job paperwork and expense reports
- Work well in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of construction is preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to construct and erect buildings as needed
- Knowledge of Windows, Doors, Siding, and Roofing preferred
- Knowledge of Sunrooms and Additions preferred
- Knowledge of Construction Management software
- Assist in installing, maintaining, and repairing tangible items, such as furniture, fixtures, and equipment, using tools and machines
- Use power tools, hand tools, pneumatic tools, and hand tools to install, maintain, and repair tangible items
- Label and tag items with inventory tracking numbers
- Follow all company safety, quality, and environmental protection policies
- Maintain accurate records such as inventory lists and invoices
- Assist with other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Installation experience with a telecommunications and/or electrical company on at least 5 landline and 10 wireless devices
- Knowledge of the installation, configuration, and operation of wireless, ISDN, ADSL, & cable modems
- Ability to install and troubleshoot various types of hardware as well as perform basic troubleshooting
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a strong, successful team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.