IT Director Job Description
it director job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
IT Director Job Description
An IT director is a senior-level computer manager.
The IT director has overall responsibility for all information technology (IT) management within an organization, including responsibility for making and implementing IT decisions.
The IT director is responsible for managing the entire IT operations, including infrastructure, security, computer use, and operations.
The IT director can advise the CEO, COO, CIO, and other managers on information technology matters, and is responsible for ensuring that all IT-related activities are conducted in accordance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
The IT director is often responsible for setting strategy, negotiating contracts
We’re looking for an IT Director who can lead our team and help us achieve our goals. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record in IT management and a proven ability to deliver results. If you have the right skills and experience, we want to hear from you.
IT Director Duties:
- Assist with applications development
- Analyze, design, and specify functional and technical requirements for business applications
- Design, develop, and implement databases and data warehouses
- Prepare technical solutions, manage projects, and facilitate projects
- Manage personnel, monitor performance, and evaluate employee contributions
- Develop knowledge of various technology products
- Communicate effectively with all users about technical problems, system requirements, and implementation procedures
- Coordinate technical activities with internal departments and external vendors
- Maintain professional relationships within executive management, staff and outside vendors
- Perform other related duties as required
IT Director Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the planning, design, development, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance of IT solutions, including firewalls, access management, virtualization, servers, storage, virtualization, and networks
- Maintain and improve business continuity, disaster recovery, and data backup procedures, ensuring data and software availability in the event of an emergency
- Oversee IT operations including help desk, staffing, IT procurement, and vendor management
- Review backup methods, accurately track storage usage, and forecast future storage needs
- Perform IT audits and assessments for IT operations, including network, storage, hardware, firewalls, and data center
- Develop and implement retention policies, and backup policies
- Assume responsibility for office communications, and all IT-related communications within the organization
- Maintain current IT certifications related to infrastructure, security, and desktop support
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or related field
- 3+ years of IT management experience
- Strong knowledge of project management
- Ability to attract and retain top IT personnel
- Knowledge of major software and hardware systems
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
Company Name is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we are committed to building a team that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.