Millwright Job Description
millwright job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Millwright Job Description
A millwright is a person who specializes in machinery installation, repair, and maintenance.
A person who is working as a millwright will specialize in installing, repairing, and maintaining industrial equipment and machinery.
Millwrights also have expert knowledge of boilers and steam engines.
A millwright is a highly skilled trade that typically requires a four year apprenticeship program.
Programs include classes on mechanics, electricity, blueprint reading, welding, and hydraulics.
A millwright’s responsibilities include creating blueprints, installing switches and starters, creating and repairing panels, and relaying electrical and hydraulic signals.
We’re looking for a Millwright who is experienced in working with machinery and has a strong mechanical aptitude. The ideal candidate will be able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics, and have the ability to troubleshoot and repair machines when necessary. If you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, please submit your resume today.
- Plans and directs operations of metalworking machinery
- Operates or supervises the operation of machine tools
- Uses blueprints, drawings, or diagrams to help set up and operate machines, or program and operate computer numeric controls
- Follows blueprints, drawings, or diagrams to set up and operate machines, or program and operate computer numeric controls
- Develops and maintains machinery specifications
- Identifies and repairs machine malfunctions
- Performs general maintenance on machinery
- Identifies and troubleshoots problems associated with machine operation
- Adjusts machine settings and corrects misalignments
- Installs, maintains, and operates specialized machinery
- Accomplishes assigned tasks within budget and timelines
- Follows administrative and professional guidelines for record keeping
- Supports the organizations mission, vision and values
- Maintain production schedules, supervise field operations, and troubleshoot mechanical problems
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs to machines, equipment, and tools
- Maintain inventory levels, planning stock reorders and coordinating deliveries
- Handle documentation, reports, and paperwork associated with inventory management and repairs
- Monitor and test equipment performance, diagnose malfunctions, and communicate with manufacturers about equipment issues
- Follow standard operating procedures for handling customer complaints by maintaining a clean, orderly, and organized work area
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and identify mechanical problems, report results, and recommend measures to correct them
- Ensure compliance with safety rules and with emergency procedures such as evacuation plans and setting equipment on fire
- Maintain a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and ability to motivate and inspire others
- Enjoy working with your hands
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, industrial technology, or related field
- 3+ years proven experience in a millwright role
- Proven ability to operate heavy equipment, including but not limited to forklifts, cranes, and hoists
- Excellent ability to organize and coordinate
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to building a team that reflects this belief. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, nationalities, genders and ages.