PMO Manager Job Description
pmo manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
PMO Manager Job Description
A project manager office (PMO) is a widely-used term for a project management office (PMO), which differs in purpose from other project management offices and is sometimes referred to as a strategic planning office (SPO).
A project management office is devoted to project management, and is distinguished from other project management offices by its focus on project management, and its involvement in day-to-day project management, as opposed to general planning and strategy.
A PMO is a semi-autonomous unit of a division or department that is responsible for the overall project management of the division or department.
It acts as a liaison between project managers and other divisions or departments.
We’re looking for a PMO Manager to lead and oversee our Project Management Office. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a team of Project Managers and ensuring that our projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing project management processes and tools, and for ensuring that these are followed by all Project Managers. If you have experience leading and managing a Project Management Office, and are looking for a new challenge, then we want to hear from you!
PMO Manager Duties:
- Manage project deliverables and recordkeeping
- Evaluate current project processes and create and implement new methods
- Support the management and leadership of the company in all project matters, establishing an efficient organizational structure with necessary tools and resources
- Establish and update organizational processes, procedures, and systems
- Develop metrics and benchmarks
- Develop and implement strategies for enhancing project quality and efficiency
PMO Manager Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with team leaders and project managers on project-related initiatives, meeting regularly to review project status, identify issues, work toward resolution, and maintain project plans
- Coordinate the management of project resources, with a focus on team members, contractors, and support departments
- Manage team hiring and termination to ensure quality and accuracy in reports
- Develop and maintain project cost control plans, including identifying and tracking budget variances, and assisting with budget development efforts
- Maintain project records, including meeting minutes, activity reports, and meeting agendas
- Monitor progress against plans and schedules, identifying and resolving problems, and updating project plans as needed
- Oversee and manage project communication efforts, including writing and disseminating project communications, conducting regular project status calls, and responding to team members’ communications
- Assist with project proposals, including developing opportunities, developing presentations
Requirements And Skills:
- 3+ years experience in a PMO role with international companies
- Thorough understanding of project management best practices, with continuous improvement as a core value
- Experience leading the implementation of large-scale projects
- Strong skills with leadership, conflict management, negotiation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a strong team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.