Product Analyst Job Description
product analyst job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Product Analyst Job Description
Product analysts are a type of analyst that works within a company to improve the performance of an existing product.
They typically work within a product development team to analyze the demand for a specific product.
They research market research data and trends.
They also collaborate with engineers, marketers, and other product analysts to ensure that the product they develop meets the needs of their customer and the market.
By understanding the product needs of their target buyer, product analysts are able to design products that their customers (internal or external) need.
This understanding helps them to determine how to proceed during product research and development.
Product analysts are hired by companies for many reasons.
They can provide insight and direction on product design
We’re looking for a Product Analyst to join our team. As a Product Analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing data to help inform product decisions. You will work closely with the product team to understand user needs and help shape the direction of our products. If you are passionate about data and turning it into insights that drive product decisions, we want to hear from you!
Product Analyst Duties:
- Analyze, evaluate, plan, and benchmark business processes, tools, operational procedures, performance metrics, organizational structure, performance standards, and information systems
- Construct metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness of processes
- Determine what business information is required to support decision-making
- Develop, maintain, and modify data reporting, visualization, and analysis systems
- Identify and remove barriers in the work environment that hinder data quality, accuracy, or timeliness
- Develop, implement, and oversee workflows and validation processes
- Select and implement new technologies to support the business
- Maintain and develop relationships with vendors
- Research and prioritize business needs
- Provide guidance to team leads
- Provide technical guidance to team members
- Optimize performance
- Perform other duties as assigned
Product Analyst Responsibilities:
- Perform technical analyses, research, and feasibility studies to identify product opportunities, product requirements, product features, and product specifications
- Research existing products, services, and competitors to identify and/or recommend competitive alternatives for new products or enhancements of existing products
- Develop product specifications, vendor/supplier selection procedures, costing and scheduling plans, and implementation plans
- Work with market research to refine product needs, identify viable opportunities, and develop new products
- Manage product life cycle from conception through design, production, and service
- Identify and understand market needs, evaluate competitive products, and analyze product value
- Write product specifications, design specifications, and other documents
- Coordinate external suppliers, consultants, and other contractors for product development
- Develop and maintain prototypes, prototypes, and other technical documents
- Develop product roadmaps to keep informed of
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in product analysis, development, testing, and evaluation
- Knowledge of relevant programming languages and platforms
- Knowledge of product testing methodologies
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
At Company Name, we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a strong team. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, religions, nationalities, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages. We are especially committed to supporting veterans and individuals with disabilities.