Program Analyst Job Description
program analyst job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Program Analyst Job Description
The program analyst is an analyst of computer programs and the people who write them.
The program analyst also works with the management to ensure software is being used effectively.
The program analyst or computer programmer is someone who analyzes and writes computer programs.
Onset of the computer age during the late 1960s and early 1970s brought rapid change to the business world.
Companies needed a way to analyze large amounts of quantitative data.
To meet this need, business started employing computer programmers.
Programmers write programs that analyze large amounts of quantitative data.
The program analyst analyzes and writes computer programs and works with the management to ensure software is being used effectively.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented and analytical Program Analyst to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for conducting research, analyzing data, and developing recommendations to improve program effectiveness. We are looking for someone who is able to think critically and solve problems, and who has excellent communication and interpersonal skills. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter today.
Program Analyst Duties:
- Provide support for a team of program analysts and analysts working in the same department
- Assist with the development of technical solutions and prototype solutions for design related problems
- Stakeholder management, program management, and team leadership
- Identify, articulate, and understand project requirements
- Analyze and identify problems, limitations, and opportunities
- Develop and test proposed solutions
- Implement solutions
- Develop strategy, policies, and procedures for the analysis work
Program Analyst Responsibilities:
- Manage the implementation and operation of utility and consumer programs, including utility billing, financial collection, and customer service
- Monitor municipal and county government projects, including contract administration, management of budgets and capital improvement plans, and preparation of revenue projections
- Prepare and submit budget requests and program proposals; recommend funding alternatives to meet department objectives
- Track and analyze program data to identify problem trends that might impact program performance
- Support staff and collaborate with stakeholders, elected officials, city staff, and local utility managers
- Conduct market research, prioritize problem resolution, identify new program options, and report on issues
- Regularly meet with staff, management, and elected officials, attend city council meetings, and present department findings
- Min 3+ years of project management, program management, or program analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Requirements And Skills:
- Proven experience in a managerial role
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Above-average communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain financial plans
- Ability to motivate and lead people, and hold employees accountable
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
Company Name is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a strong team. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, religions, nationalities, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages. We are also committed to supporting veterans and individuals with disabilities.