Program Director Job Description
program director job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Program Director Job Description
The Program Director (PD) is the head of a program, organization, or school.
The PD is accountable for the decisions, actions, and results of the program or school.
The PD supervises all administrative activities of the program and supervises all program staff.
In higher education, the PD typically reports to a Dean or Vice President.
In an organization, the PD reports to a senior manager.
In the military, the PD reports to a commanding officer.
In small businesses, the PD reports to the President or CEO.
We’re looking for a Program Director to lead our team in developing and executing new programs that will have a positive impact on our community. The Program Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of program development and implementation, including programmatic research, community needs assessment, program design, budgeting, fundraising, marketing, and evaluation. The Program Director will also be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
Program Director Duties:
- Leverage years of progressive experience and leadership, to oversee successful execution of a management consulting practice in a specific industry.
- Provide guidance to junior staff members in implementation of projects and day to day operations.
- Promote a strong team atmosphere among staff members.
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with client businesses.
- Conduct ongoing market research to identify new industry opportunities and capitalize on emerging market trends.
- Provide continuing professional development to staff and clients.
- Develop and implement proactive business development activities.
- Seek new consulting opportunities.
- Develop written reports, presentations and proposals.
- Participate in ongoing market research to identify new industry opportunities and capitalize on emerging market trends.
Program Director Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development of client goals and objectives, including developing client reports, assessing performance, and recommending improvements.
- Operate as primary liaison between clients, managers, and employees.
- Keep clients informed of progress towards goals through periodic reports.
- Research industry best practices and develop effective action plans for clients.
- Oversee all database and information management systems, including database management, document management, electronic information management, and client records management.
- Create SOPs and work instructions, and review compliance of SOPs and work instructions.
- Supervise all staff, including hiring, training, and supervising job performance.
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years of experience in management and administration of adult educational programs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior management, produce outcome-oriented programs.
- Strong skills in program evaluation, curriculum development, and standards development.
At [Company Name], we’re committed to equal opportunity in employment practices and building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from all races, religions, nationalities, genders, , and ages.