Salesperson Job Description
salesperson job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Salesperson Job Description
A salesperson is any individual who sells a product or service on behalf of their company.
Salespersons are usually employed in sales-oriented companies, such as car dealerships, retail stores, and department stores.
Some salespeople work independently, selling products at flea markets, street fairs, or from their own homes.
Salespeople may be commissioned or salaried employees.
Commission-based salespeople usually earn a percentage of gross sales.
Some salespeople are paid by the hour; this means that they usually have a set number of hours that they are required to complete their sales called their quota.
Salespeople are expected to build rapport and establish trust with their customers.
We’re looking for a Salesperson to join our team! We’re a fun and fast-paced company that is growing quickly. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are a motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and a desire to succeed, we want to hear from you!
- Build business relationships with customers in order to earn their trust and maintain their loyalty
- Use effective communication skills to build rapport with customers
- Develop new business accounts, maintain existing customers
- Maintain current customer accounts by providing sales and product support
- Communicate with customers, managers, and other staff in order to resolve problems, complaints and questions related to sales
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with vendors
- Develop and maintain clear goals, plans, and timelines to facilitate overall company sales objectives
- Utilize existing business resources to create new business opportunities
- Research new leads and qualify them for presentation to senior team members
- Automate sales processes through CRM technology and integration
- Create, plan, and execute territory strategies and tactics
- Work closely with management to develop business relationships with key decision-makers
- Create and manage sales plans
- Upgrade customers’ existing equipment with new products and new technologies
- Handle inbound and outbound calls with customers and prospects
- Manage customer inquiries and complaints
- Track and report on sales and sales trends of all levels
- Manage, train, and develop underling sales team
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and Real Estate
- 6+ years experience in sales (or related field)
- Knowledge of general market conditions
- Knowledge of sales tools and processes
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a
Our company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive team is a strong team. We are committed to building a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.