School Nurse Job Description
school nurse job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
School Nurse Job Description
School nurse: An individual who specializes in the care of children in the school environment.
School nurses provide health services to the children in their care by managing their medical conditions, promoting health education, and promoting healthy lifestyles.
School nurses work in a variety of settings, including elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools.
We’re looking for a School Nurse who can provide care and support for students in a school setting. The ideal candidate will be a registered nurse with experience in school health or a related field. They will be responsible for ensuring that students receive the health care they need and that their health needs are met. They will also be responsible for providing education and guidance to students and staff on health and safety matters.
School Nurse Duties:
- Attend to the health and safety of students on school grounds, as well as supervising the upkeep and maintenance of school facilities
- Advise students on appropriate health practices
- Advise parents on health issues that affect their children
- Attend to mental health of students
- Develop and implement programs to promote emotional well-being
- Monitor physical condition of staff and students
- Provide emergency first aid and administer medication
- Work closely with school psychologist, counselors, and social workers
- Attend to general needs related to school nursing
School Nurse Responsibilities:
- Investigate and respond to student illnesses and injuries, administer medications, and act as first contact in an emergency
- Perform health assessments and recordkeeping
- Prepare and maintain student health folders
- Create and maintain immunization records
- Train staff and students on safety and proper use of the health room
- Perform health screenings in schools
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information to teachers, staff, parents, and students
- Develop policies, procedures, and guidelines for all health and hygiene practices related to school
- Serve as health consultant to the school community
- Create and maintain medical and health records
- Liaise with administrators, teachers, parents, and students on health-related matters
- Act as liaison with outside agencies
- Previous experience in a K-12 school setting is preferred
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, school nursing, or related field
- 1+ years’ experience in school nursing
- Solid knowledge of human growth and development
- Knowledge of school laws and policies
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to travel
- Experience with Electronic Health Records
Company Name is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive team is a strong team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages. We also encourage applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities.