Sous Chef Job Description
sous chef job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Sous Chef Job Description
A Sous Chef is an assistant chef to a Head Chef in a kitchen.
A Sous Chef is in charge of many duties in the kitchen.
They supervise and assist the Head Chef in the preparation and cooking of food.
The Sous Chef oversees the cooking process, redistributing the food from the preparation and cooking stations to serving dishes.
They also instruct the Line Cooks in cooking techniques.
The Sous Chef is in charge of ordering and purchasing food, and preparing the household budget for the kitchen.
The Sous Chef is in charge of hiring and firing Line Cooks in the kitchen.
We’re looking for a Sous Chef to lead our kitchen team and create delicious meals for our guests. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role, be creative and passionate about food, and have a strong understanding of food safety procedures. If you are a talented Sous Chef who is looking for an exciting opportunity to showcase your skills, we want to hear from you!
Sous Chef Duties:
- Oversee and manage the daily food preparation and service
- Promote a positive work environment that cultures productivity
- Maintain production standards for service
- Develop, implement, and improve upon daily and monthly procedures
- Actively seek out ways to improve productivity and profitability
- Handle customer complaints and requests in a professional and timely manner
- Other duties as assigned by management
Sous Chef Responsibilities:
- Maintain and oversee the daily cooking and food service operations, ensuring quality and presentation are achieved
- Engage in staff training, including coaching, mentoring, and motivating employees
- Ensure all food is prepared in accordance with food safety and sanitation regulations
- Maintain peak kitchen performance, inventory control, and kitchen cleanliness
- Track food and labor costs, maintain food inventory, and ensure cost and quality targets are met
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in culinary arts, or related field
- 2+ years experience in high volume, full service restaurant kitchen
- Ability to make menu decisions based on season and market availability
- Ability to supervise and train line cooks
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work under pressure and meet
[Company Name] is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage applications from all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages.