Speech Writer Job Description
speech writer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Speech Writer Job Description
A speech writer is a person who creates the written text of a speech or prepared speech.
A speech writer may create a written text of a speech for the client, or they may write the text themselves.
To write their own version of a prepared speech, a speech writer may either develop their own speech outline or use one that is provided by the client.
The speech writer typically does not deliver the speech, but they may edit it once it is delivered.
A speech writer may be paid on an hourly or per-project basis, depending on the position and the client.
We’re looking for a Speech Writer who can help us craft the perfect message for our next big event. We need someone who is creative and has a knack for writing compelling speeches that will resonate with our audience. If you have a passion for writing and a desire to help us create a powerful and impactful message, then we want to hear from you!
Speech Writer Duties:
- Develop content for speeches and press releases
- Research and gather background information for speeches
- Assist with speech editing and writing
- Write press releases
- Develop content for emails, newsletters, and other correspondence
- Research and develop content that encourages action
- Promote company policies/practices/products
- Work with CEOs, COOs, and other executives to create effective speeches
- Develop content for marketing materials
- Create articles for company website
- Create datasheets, brochures, fact sheets, and other marketing material
- Write/edit articles for trade publications
- Communicate company messages to potential and existing customers
- Publicly present speeches at events
- Update company website and social media accounts
- Research and develop content for sales meetings, brochures, and other communications
- Promote or review website/social media content for accuracy and clarity
Speech Writer Responsibilities:
- Create and edit speeches and other communications for employees, customers, vendors, and management
- Co-ordinate with other departments to ensure language is consistent
- Ensure that all material is grammatically correct, appropriate, and appealing to the audience
- Review the work of other speech writers/editors and provide constructive feedback
- Work with graphic designers to ensure visual layout of pieces is focused on audience comprehension
- Perform other related duties as needed
Requirements And Skills:
- Proven experience in speech writing
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to develop and edit business correspondence
- Knowledge of style guides, company policies, and benefits
- Knowledge of database management software
We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.