Web Analyst Job Description
web analyst job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Web Analyst Job Description
Web analyst is a person responsible for researching and analyzing a company’s website.
Web analysts gather information and data about the website and then use this information to determine what overall effect the website is having on company objectives.
Web analysts also collect competitor information, analyze this data, and then make recommendations based on the information they have gathered.
Web analysts use a variety of software to gather this data.
Web analysts are also known as e-analysts, digital analysts, and e-commerce analysts.
We’re looking for a web analyst who can help us understand how our users interact with our website and identify areas for improvement. The ideal candidate will have experience with web analytics tools and be able to provide insights that will help us improve the user experience on our site.
Web Analyst Duties:
- Design and implement web-based applications, including data conversion and migration, to enhance the capabilities of the current organization’s information systems
- Create and maintain database structures
- Create backup plans for data
- Propose and implement data migration procedures
- Propose and implement data integrity procedures and controls
- Analyze data to ensure quality
- Present findings and recommendations in reports
- Provide administrative support to management
- Administer IT systems
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of system functions
- Provide technical support to employees
- Implement IT security systems
- Analyze IT networks, hardware, and software
- Understand network architecture and configurations
- Operate IT systems, hardware, and software
- Understand basic networking concepts
- Understand operating systems and applications
- Understand computer hardware and peripherals
- Identify problems and provide solutions
Web Analyst Responsibilities:
- Associate’s degree in information technologies and at least 1 year experience in web technologies, including knowledge of HTML, XML, and CSS
- Experience maintaining websites, web applications, and databases
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux, UNIX, and other operating systems
- Knowledge of web server
Requirements And Skills:
- Plan, develop, execute, manage, and measure web and app-based solutions, including requirements gathering, system analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, coordination, and maintenance
- Create a detailed project plan, including project scope, strategy, purpose, objectives, and requirements, and assign tasks to development and testing teams
- Analyze business needs and propose solutions, including gathering and analyzing user requirements, identifying and recommending technogical solutions, and documenting solutions
- Manage and monitor the software development lifecycle to meet project timelines, maintain regulatory compliance, and ensure quality
- Develop and maintain our support portal, manage online content, respond to user questions, and document all changes
- Manage IT projects from initiation through deployment, including requirement gathering, technology selection, development, testing, implementation, maintenance and oversight
At Company Name, we pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team, and we encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages. We also welcome applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities.