History Teacher Job Description
history teacher job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
History Teacher Job Description
A history teacher is a person who has the knowledge, skills, and techniques to teach history and teaching history is a profession that requires knowledge and a certain kind of skill.
A history teacher is someone who teaches history to students in a classroom or school setting.
While each state has its own requirements for history teachers, all history teachers must earn a Bachelor’s degree, as well as a state-issued license or credential.
A history teacher typically teaches one subject, such as history, to a group of 20 or more students for a daily period of 45 to 60 minutes.
We’re looking for a History Teacher to teach at our high school. The ideal candidate will have a passion for history and a desire to share that passion with students. They will also have the necessary skills and experience to be an effective educator. If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to the address below.
History Teacher Duties:
- Plan and deliver engaging, interactive, and research-based instruction
- Examining historical content, analyzing primary sources, and presenting findings
- Developing lessons and assignments based on state standards for grades 6-12
- Engaging students through hands-on projects
- Provide access to technology
History Teacher Responsibilities:
- Research, analyze, and interpret historical documents, effectively communicating with students and teachers
- Implement curriculum according to the school district’s standards, and collaborate with other educators to develop and implement curriculum
- Schedule, deliver, and evaluate instruction, and plan appropriate activities for learners
- Develop and maintain a constructive learning environment, fostering teamwork among students and staff
- Develop, implement, and revise curriculum to meet district standards
- Prepare lessons, materials, and assessments, and administer tests
- Create and revise lesson plans, using a variety of teaching strategies to engage students
- Maintain communication with parents regarding student progress, attendance, and behavior
- Generate and analyze data, making recommendations to improve instruction and performance
- Conduct assessments, including standardized exams, in order to evaluate student progress and needs
- Using technology, communicate, collaborate, and share information
- Attend professional meetings and conferences
Requirements And Skills:
- Educational background in History
- Knowledge of instructional methods, curriculum development, and assessment
- Ability to effectively teach subject matter to students of varied levels of ability and background
- Ability to maintain a positive rapport with students and parents
- Comfortable with advanced knowledge of and ability to incorporate technology into the classroom
[Company Name] is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.