Process Engineer Job Description
process engineer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Process Engineer Job Description
Process engineers are industrial engineers who specialize in designing the processes that convert raw materials into finished products (or outputs).
The process engineer’s duties vary, depending on their level of experience and education.
The process engineer’s primary responsibility is to oversee the process and materials involved in transforming raw materials into finished goods.
The process engineer’s duties may include: Choosing the right equipment and process technology for the materials being processed; Creating and reviewing plans for processes; and Checking for proper sequencing of activities, equipment, and process controls.
We’re looking for a Process Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience in process improvement and optimization, as well as experience working in a manufacturing or industrial setting. If you are a motivated problem-solver with a passion for process improvement, we want to hear from you!
Process Engineer Duties:
- Compile process flow diagrams
- Manage and maintain process design documentation
- Manage, lead, and develop process design engineers
- Develop and maintain engineering standards for the process
- Execute process change orders
- Develop and implement methods to reduce production costs
- Identify and correct equipment-related defects
- Follow up on project status, resolve issues, and report on progress
Process Engineer Responsibilities:
- Maintain or develop new product and/or service processes, or improve existing processes, and oversee the implementation
- Define work processes and provide training to ensure consistent execution
- Provide leadership in all project-level activities including project initiation, planning, scheduling, budgets, resources, and risk management
- Monitor project progress against plans, budgets, and expectations, and report deviations to management
- Manage change order processes
- Plan and oversee installation activities on site, and oversee installation activities
- Oversee manufacturing, inventory, quality, and logistics activities related to the project
- Manage and supervise project implementation staff and their daily activities
- Develop and oversee quality plan and control procedures to ensure projects are completed according to plan
- Coordinate and follow-up with other departments, including legal, safety, and procurement, to ensure project objectives are met
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience as a process engineer
- Knowledge of chemical engineering methods and technologies, and ability to interpret technical drawings and contracts
- Knowledge of operational procedures and safety requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of troubleshooting problem
At [Company Name], we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.