XML Developer Job Description
xml developer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
XML Developer Job Description
An XML developer is a software developer who creates programs or applications using XML.
XML is a markup language that describes data and how the data is structured.
XML can be applied to most any file type, such as word processing documents, images, audio and video clips, spreadsheets, and web pages.
XML developers create applications that use XML to exchange data.
The most common use of XML is to exchange data between software applications.
XML files can then be read by other applications.
XML developers also create applications that read and write XML files.
When information or data in an XML file needs to be stored.
We’re looking for an experienced XML Developer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience working with XML, XSLT, and related technologies. They will be responsible for developing and maintaining our XML-based applications. If you are a motivated individual with a passion for working with XML, we want to hear from you!
XML Developer Duties
- Understand XML-related tasks and requirements thoroughly
- Create and maintain XML schemas
- Create HTML, XHTML, and XML-based user interfaces
- Develop or integrate XML-based applications
- Write XML code
- Develop XML-based programs
- Document XML-based technologies
- Define and document XML-based software requirements
- Identify and resolve technical problems
- Develop, evaluate, and recommend new technologies
- Define functional specifications
- Implement solutions
- Create and maintain code and applications
- Work with developers to write software code
- Produce documentation
- Troubleshoot problems
- Provide training and technical support
- Perform other duties as assigned
XML Developer Responsibilities
- Build, test, deploy, and maintain web-based applications using XML and SOAP technologies
- Work closely with technologists, managers, and others throughout the company
- Architect, design, and develop complex web-based applications and software
- Assemble and configure XML and SOAP components, and design and implement solutions
- Work on cross-cutting technologies, such as XML, web services, and XML databases
- Create web service APIs to client applications
- Design, code, test, debug, and maintain XML and web services
- Generate XML schemas
- Develop XML documents using XSLT
- Develop WSDLs
- Provide technical support to developers and customers
- Implement best practices, processes, and standards
- Work effectively as part of a team, and independently
- Follows coding standards, and adheres to software quality guidelines
Requirements And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer and information sciences, or 5+ years of experience
- Experience with XML and XSL stylesheets
- Experience with or ability to build Web applications
- Strong knowledge of XML and XML-related languages
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to a successful workplace. We are committed to building a team that reflects a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.