Accountant Job Description
accountant job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Accountant Job Description
An accountant is an individual who prepares financial statements, analyzes a company’s financial performance, and prepares tax returns for individuals or businesses.
Accountant job description template includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role. It’s optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize this template for your company.
We’re looking for an accountant who can help us keep track of our finances and make sure that we’re making sound financial decisions.
- Prepare and review financial reports of the operation
- Identify and resolve discrepancies in the balance sheet and other financial statements
- Keep detailed records of financial transactions, analyze trends, and identify risks
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs and increase revenues
- Promote and participate in legal and regulatory requirements, and comply with company policies
- Provide administrative support, including handling correspondence and scheduling meetings
- Proactively identify, mitigate, and track recurring accounting issues
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other financial records
- Monitor cash flow
- Perform other related administrative duties as assigned
- Conduct financial audits and analysis including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and bank reconciliations
- Prepare and process payroll, taxes, and state and federal reports
- Experience with QuickBooks required
- Conduct and analyze monthly general ledger and account reconciliations
- Conduct trial balance and final trial balance reviews
- Perform accounting research, including ad-hoc financial analyses
- Assist in managing cash flow through collection procedures and bad debt
- Record and manage cash transactions, including deposits and withdrawals
- Maintain petty cash and bank reconciliations
- Monitor expenditures for accuracy and reporting
- Manage budgets, cash flows, cash shortages, and expenditures
- Track and document financial transactions
- Maintain records and reports for management
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting
- 3+ years’ of experience managing accounting activities
- Knowledge of GAAP, generally accepted accounting principles
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office products
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of construction billing process and terminology
We at [Company Name] believe that diversity is key to a successful workplace. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive of people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages. We encourage applications from everyone, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.