Associate Professor Job Description
associate professor job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Associate Professor Job Description
An associate professor is a professor who has not reached the tenure track position, but is expected to assume full professorship responsibilities in the not-too-distant future.
Associate Professors usually teach one or two courses per term, usually 3-4 courses per semester, and are expected to supervise some student research in addition to teaching.
In this position, the emphasis is on research and publication, whereas a tenured Associate Professor is expected to teach, advise, and supervise in addition to research and publication.
We’re looking for an experienced Associate Professor to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong research background and a proven track record of publications in reputable journals. They will also be an excellent teacher and mentor, with a commitment to providing a high-quality education to our students. If you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, we encourage you to apply today.
Associate Professor Duties:
- Develop and teach academic courses in the department of relevant field of study
- Provide leadership to department and students
- Promote effective teaching, effective student interaction, and critical thinking
- Evaluate students, provide constructive criticism, and provide guidance to improve student achievement
- Provide academic support during office hours and to students in academic difficulties
- Develop positive relationships with department staff, management, and students
- Growth and expansion of department
- Innovate and introduce new academic courses and programs
- Develop plans for academic growth and expansion
- Provide mentorship and guidance to students
- Collaborate with department staff to develop and implement new academic courses and programs
- Build positive relationships with faculty and department staff
- Continue being an expert in their field
Associate Professor Responsibilities:
- Develop and coordinate teaching, research, and service activities
- Plan, deliver, and grade courses, manage office hours, and mentor students
- Implement and enforce policies, procedures, standards, and regulations for educational activities
- Identify, develop, and implement curriculum and other educational materials
- Prepare and deliver lectures, presentations, and reports, and participate in professional development activities
- Plan, manage, and execute research and scholarly activities, including program evaluation, performance assessment, and curriculum development
- Develop and maintain a scholarly profile and visibility in academic, professional, and community forums
- Engage in scholarly activities, including publication in refereed journals, grant funding, and service on university committees and boards—
Requirements And Skills:
- Doctorate or equivalent in engineering.
- Doctorate or equivalent in engineering science, or a related field.
- distinguished record of research and scholarly achievement
- ability to teach engineering courses in mechanics, thermodynamics, materials, hydraulics, and electrical
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a successful team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.