Quality Manager Job Description
quality manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Quality Manager Job Description
A quality manager (also called a quality assurance manager or a quality control manager) is a manager responsible for monitoring and ensuring that the quality standards are adhered to within a company.
The quality manager at a large company is responsible for ensuring that every factory or plant being operated by the company adheres to strict quality standards.
The quality manager ensures these standards are consistently adhered to while also ensuring that the company continues to meet and exceed expectations.
The quality manager ensures that all production processes and procedures are followed as intended.
He or she will ensure that all processes and procedures are in place and that they are properly being followed.
We’re looking for a Quality Manager who can help us improve our processes and ensure that our products meet the highest quality standards. The ideal candidate will have experience in quality management and a track record of improving quality in a manufacturing or production environment. If you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
Quality Manager Duties:
- Maintain strict quality control standards for construction
- Enforce contractual agreements
- Proactively identify, mitigate, and track recurring construction issues
- Enforce safety policies and procedures
- Maintain strict compliance with safety, OSHA, and environmental regulations
- Investigate all accidents, injuries, and near misses
- Track KPI and metrics for quality assurance, safety, and quality
Quality Manager Responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain quality control procedures and standards for production and shipping
- Monitor and control product specifications, including raw materials, vendor requirements, work instructions, and final specifications
- Control project flow and resolve any issues
- Recommend improvement plans and oversee the execution of plans
- Oversee production and ensure products meet all specifications and quality control requirements
- Coordinate with engineering, sales, and administration teams to ensure the brand and products remain consistent throughout production
- Monitor employees’ work and ensure quality and safety standards are met
- Create and update safety procedures and programs
- Seek out and initiate corrective actions to address quality, safety, or production problems
- Enforce all company policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training programs, and cultural values
- Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans
- Coordinate with purchasing departments and manage inventory
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, quality assurance, or a related field
- 5+ years experience in quality control and/or quality assurance
- Knowledge of quality assurance procedures; excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with internal staff
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to resolve issues within a variety of work situations
- Ability to supervise
At Company Name, we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to a successful team. We are committed to building a team that is diverse in race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and age. We encourage applications from all people, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.