Nursery Manager Job Description
nursery manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Nursery Manager Job Description
A nursery manager is responsible for the care, growth, and development of plants (both indoor and out).
A nursery manager may also help farmers, landscapers, and other plant lovers grow and grow.
Nursery managers might be involved in planning your nursery, providing specific training, overseeing staff, and even budgeting for supplies.
A nursery manager has limited time to oversee the growth of plants.
This means he or she must schedule responsibilities accordingly.
For example, a nursery manager might have to plant seeds or seedlings, nurture plants, and prune plants.
A nursery manager must also be detail-oriented to ensure the
We’re looking for a Nursery Manager to join our team! The ideal candidate will have experience managing a nursery or daycare center, and will be able to provide a safe and nurturing environment for the children in our care. If you have a passion for working with children and are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter today!
Nursery Manager Duties:
- Provide overall direction and leadership to the nursery staff, including hiring, training, coaching, and evaluating employees
- Develop and implement a comprehensive work plan
- Direct all activities at the nursery, from planting and harvesting to fertilization and fertilization scheduling
- Maintain accurate inventory levels
- Maintain appropriate levels of supply
- Oversee the ordering of supplies
- Develop and monitor budgets
- Manage the purchasing of supplies, equipment, and vehicles
- Gather data to monitor production and labor efficiency
- Maintain accurate records of production, labor, and production yields
- Evaluate all equipment to ensure efficiency and proper use
- Maintain and update plant records
- Maintain appropriate levels of staffing
- Develop and oversee planting and harvesting schedules
- Maintain plant health by inspecting plants on a regular basis
Nursery Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the nursery operations, including coordination of staff and contractors, material and equipment inventory, and ordering all supplies
- Maintain and oversee all aspects of nursery operations, including growing and transplanting plants, installing irrigation systems and greenhouses, and maintaining facilities
- Manage the hiring of nursery staff, including interviewing, screening, and hiring qualified applicants
- Monitor nurseries to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Coordinate with attorneys, insurance agents, and architects to set and implement long-range and short-term goals for the nursery, and evaluate the nursery’s progress against those goals
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture or related field
- 3+ years’ proven experience as a nursery manager
- Knowledge of plant varieties and plant production
- Knowledge of nursery management and supervision
- Knowledge of irrigation systems and landscape management
- Knowledge of pest management and application
At Company Name, we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a strong, successful team. We are committed to creating an environment where everyone can feel respected and valued, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, races, religions, nationalities, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.