Shift Leader Job Description
shift leader job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Shift Leader Job Description
A shift leader is the person who coordinates the shift activities of workers in a production process, such as a large manufacturing or agricultural setting.
Shift leaders are typically responsible for scheduling the shifts of workers, receiving reports of how productive workers have been, and for communicating with managers about operational problems that arise.
Shift leaders are typically tasked with managing and coordinating the work of workers, such as ensuring that workers follow safety guidelines and who perform certain jobs.
Shift leaders can also be responsible for assigning workers to specific jobs, such as rotating workers from one department to another.
Shift leaders are also tasked with ensuring workers are productive by reviewing shift records
We’re looking for a Shift Leader to help manage our team during our busiest times. You’ll be responsible for making sure our team is well-trained and motivated, and that our customers are always happy. If you’re able to work well under pressure and always keep a smile on your face, then we want you to be our Shift Leader!
Shift Leader Duties:
- Direct the general operation of a diner or restaurant by overseeing daily restaurant operations, hiring, training, scheduling, directing, and disciplining employees
- Manage staff by scheduling shifts, monitoring productivity and performance, and giving feedback
- Ensure that service standards are met
- Assure that customers’ needs are consistently met
- Coordinate sales and take/go orders
Shift Leader Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to a team of retail employees to achieve the highest sales results possible while maintaining an engaging, fun, and customer-focused environment
- Promote a positive culture among team members, and lead by example by adhering to all company policies
- Protect and properly store company assets
- Promote a culture of safety and compliance, and prioritize safety in all decision making
- Attend shift meetings, and special training activities
- Establish and maintain accountability among team members
- Attend shop floors during shifts
Requirements And Skills:
- High School diploma or GED required
- 2+ years’ supervisory experience
- Reliable communication skills
- Strong leadership, time management, and organization skills
- Above-average attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
At Company Name, we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to success. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.