Shift Manager Job Description
shift manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Shift Manager Job Description
A shift manager is a person in charge of overseeing one or more shifts within a business or organization.
Shift managers are often in charge of counting people in and out of their shift, scheduling shifts, hiring, providing training, and evaluating employees.
Shift managers may also handle the safety and security of the company.
Shift managers work with hourly employees as well as employees on salaried or hourly salary.
We’re looking for Shift Manager to join our team! We offer competitive pay and benefits, and are looking for an experienced manager to help us run our business. If you have experience in the food service industry and are looking for a new opportunity, we’d love to hear from you!
Shift Manager Duties:
- Manage daily and weekly shift activities
- Maintain communication and collaboration with crew members, including ensuring compliance with safety guidelines
- Maintain a safe environment by supervising and monitoring daily and weekly activities
- Liaise with vendors, other managers, and employees
- Develop effective time management skills by effectively using time management software, scheduling, and record keeping
- Proactively identify customer concerns/needs and provide solutions
- Proactively seek information, analyze, and implement solutions to recurring problems
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with crew members, vendors, and others
- Accommodate reasonable requests from crew members, other managers, and employees
- Meet all physical demands associated with the position
- Ensure profitability by maintaining accurate records
- Meet all production/quality goals
Shift Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage daily operations, assigning weekly performance goals and assuring their completion, while accomplishing your own goals
- Conduct budget reviews and report cost plans to upper management
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished on time
- Conduct periodic safety inspections and audits
- Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans
- Decide how best to maximize production schedules
- Use statistical process control techniques to control quality
- Resolve internal staff conflicts efficiently and to the mutual benefit of those involved
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years’ proven experience managing shift
- Proven ability to lead, motivate, and delegate
- Extensive experience leading and motivating people
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
At [Company Name], we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive team is key to success and we encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages. We’re also committed to supporting our veterans and individuals with disabilities.