If you encounter any questions before starting your assessment, This is your quickest source for answers!
Important Note: Velents is not a personal testing service. To access an assessment on our platform, you must have received an invitation from a potential employer.
Assessment & test questions
- Is it possible to revisit a prior question?
No, it is not possible. If you’re uncertain about an answer, we recommend making your best guess.
- What if I didn’t perform well on the assessment? Am I allowed to retake it?
Unfortunately, you are only permitted to take the assessment once. The assessments are designed to evaluate your current skills and capabilities, and they are not intended for practice or multiple attempts.
- I clicked the link, but it displayed the message “The assessment is no longer available” or “The assessment is currently unavailable.”
This situation is under the control of the company to which you applied. It’s possible that they have concluded or temporarily closed their assessment. To address this issue, you’ll need to get in touch with the employer because Velents cannot make the assessment accessible if a company has chosen to take it offline.
- I’d like to take an assessment.
Please note that we do not provide our assessments for personal use, study, or educational purposes, and we do not issue certificates of completion.
- What happens if I run out of time?
If the timer runs out during an individual assessment or question, your progress will be saved, and the next assessment or question will commence. If you exhaust your allotted time on the final question, the assessment is considered complete, and the results are forwarded to the company.
Data & privacy questions
- Why do you need access to my webcam?
We need access to your camera for these reasons:
- Video Questions: The hiring company may require you to record a video response. If your camera is not connected, you won’t be able to record a video response.
- Proctoring Measures: Snapshots are taken of you throughout the assessment. Only the company to which you applied has access to these snapshots. If your camera is not connected, the company will be unable to use this proctoring method. Consequently, they won’t be able to verify that you completed the assessment independently, or that the person who took the assessment is the same individual they interview and ultimately hire. This may put you at a disadvantage compared to other candidates.
Equipment & connectivity questions
- Is it possible to take the assessment on a mobile device?
Yes, it is possible, but it is not advisable. The limited screen size can make answering questions quite challenging. We strongly recommend using a laptop or desktop computer.
- Is it possible to receive feedback on my job application?
Velents is a software tool utilized by companies in their hiring process. We do not have access to your job application status or any feedback related to it. For information about your job application, you will need to get in touch with the company to which you applied.
- How can I reach out to the company I’ve applied to?
You should reach them through the contact information they’ve specified in their job posting or on their official company website. We do not possess contact details that we can share with the prospective employer.
- I have finished my assessment. What comes next?
When you finishes your assessment you will get this message:
Thanks! Your answers are submitted successfully.
And your answers are saved and sent available to the hiring company and they’ll get back to you with the feedback at their own time.
- When should I get in touch with Velents, and when should I reach out to the hiring company?
If you encounter technical issues during your assessment or wish to provide feedback regarding the assessment content, please contact us via our Live Chat.
For all other matters, such as deadlines, assessment content, application status, and more, we advise contacting the company directly for the quickest and most direct responses, as Velents does not have access to this information.
- Can you help me find a job?
That’s not something we can do. Velents specializes in providing pre-employment skills assessments for companies in the process of hiring. We do not offer job placement services. If you are currently seeking employment, we suggest exploring platforms such as Indeed, LinkedIn, and similar forums to aid in your job search.
- Why can’t I log in or create an account?
If you have received an invitation to complete an assessment, there is no need to create an account in our system.