BI Consultant Job Description
bi consultant job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
BI Consultant Job Description
A BI Consultant is an expert in business intelligence who connects people, data, and vehicles to deliver better business outcomes.
A BI Consultant’s professional expertise helps organizations leverage data to create more efficient and effective business processes.
A BI Consultant’s job involves not only the analysis of data, but also the creation of reports and charts that help remove confusion from the business environment.
The BI Consultant will also help an organization define and implement processes that ensure collaborative data analysis.
BI Consultants often leverage the power of cloud computing to analyze data that is both secure and accessible from anywhere at any time.
We’re looking for a BI Consultant to join our team! As a BI Consultant, you will be responsible for working with our clients to help them make better decisions through the use of data. You will work with our team of analysts to understand our clients’ needs and then design and implement solutions that meet those needs. If you are a self-starter with a passion for data and a desire to help others, then we want to hear from you!
BI Consultant Duties:
- Provide BI solutions for business and executive users
- Develop, monitor, and report on metrics, KPIs, and key performance indicators
- Work with end users to understand reporting needs and design data models
- Research, recommend, and implement BI solutions
- Develop, test, and implement new modules
- Perform root cause analysis and provide recommendations for improving current operations
- Work with BI stakeholders to understand business needs and develop effective solutions
- Work with technical team members to develop technical designs, information models, reports, and dashboards
- Create and maintain documentation for all BI changes and enhancements
- Assist with user acceptance testing
- Perform data analysis to create data visualizations
- Provide training to users for all BI modules
- Assist with migration and ETL processes
- Provide administration support for BI systems
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent
BI Consultant Responsibilities:
- Design and implement data warehousing, business intelligence, reporting tools, and dashboards that leverage existing data sources to maximize business value
- Maintain responsibility for tracking, managing, and reporting on key system metrics, including infrastructure capacity, hardware performance, security issues, backups, and changes
- Perform necessary data analysis to deliver accurate and timely reports to senior team members
- Define business requirements for reporting solutions including reports, dashboards, forms and specialized queries
- Previous experience delivering BI solutions in a fast-paced environment preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SQL or Business Intelligence system, including PowerPivot, SQL Server Reporting services, and Microsoft Office Excel
- Experience with ETL, data warehousing, and business intelligence tools preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Requirements And Skills:
- Proven 5+ years’ work experience with Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Mining
- Experience with data mining, predictive modeling, and business intelligence tools such as Tableau, SAS Enterprise Miner, and IBM Cognos;
- Knowledge of Big Data, Hadoop, and NoSQL
At [Company Name], we are committed to equal opportunity and diversity. We encourage applications from all people, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or age. We are especially interested in hearing from veterans and individuals with disabilities.