DevOps Engineer Job Description
devops engineer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
DevOps Engineer Job Description
A DevOps engineer is a software engineer and member of a DevOps team who is primarily responsible for building automation to test and deploy software components.
They can integrate their automated tests with operational processes and can monitor and troubleshoot the systems that they maintain.
They are familiar with software development practices, such as agile and Scrum, and can communicate effectively with developers, system administrators, and business leaders.
DevOps engineers are experienced in the open source enterprise continuous integration (CI) systems Jenkins and Maven.
They know how to execute automated tests and build software code using cloud automation platforms, such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and SaltStack
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for helping us automate and streamline our software development and deployment process. In this role, you will work closely with our developers, ops team, and other stakeholders to ensure that our code is released on time and with high quality. If you are a motivated self-starter with a passion for automating software development and deployment, then we want to hear from you!
DevOps Engineer Duties:
- Develop and document a deployment pipeline and system operations strategy
- Secure, configure, and deploy code
- Provide guidance, direction, and feedback to junior engineers
- Document, test, and deploy software according to company standards
- Perform software maintenance and support
- Develop, maintain, update, upgrade, and document automated software
- Maintain and verify application security
- Perform root cause analysis and corrective actions
DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
- Perform software development life cycle activities, including requirement gathering, system design, implementation, testing, and documentation
- Manage deployment of new releases by performing continuous integration and continuous delivery activities
- Perform application health checks to insure optimal performance
- Analyze and build technical requirements for new and legacy applications
- Provide training and mentoring to other engineers, contractors, and developers
- Support team in maintaining and upgrading of server infrastructure
- Advise senior management on business unit needs, technology trends, and funding opportunities
- Document all procedures and systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or a related field; 3+ years’ of experience in web application development, particularly in Java and MySQL
- Ability to work with a wide variety of technologies
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Proficient in relational databases
- Experience with
We at “Company Name” are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive team. We strongly encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.