DevOps Architect Job Description
devops architect job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
DevOps Architect Job Description
A DevOps Architect is the person responsible for implementing the DevOps principles in a software organization.
The DevOps Architect is the architect of change, and applies the principles to a software organization.
The DevOps Architect is responsible for creating and maintaining the DevOps culture, and is often the leader of the policies, procedures, and standards that define the DevOps culture.
The DevOps Architect maintains the balance between DevOps and existing software development practices and policies.
The DevOps Architect keeps the DevOps principles in mind when designing software architecture and development processes.
The DevOps Architect creates the DevOps culture, and implements policies in the architecture, development.
We’re looking for DevOps Architect to help us design, implement, and maintain our DevOps practices and culture. As our DevOps Architect, you will be responsible for ensuring that our development and operations teams are able to work together efficiently and effectively. You will also be responsible for helping to automate our processes and infrastructure.
DevOps Architect Duties:
- Architecting and designing solutions to improve reliability, scalability, and performance
- Designing and developing IT solutions
- Managing and maintaining in-house infrastructure
- Working with technical teams
- Bachelor’s or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Prior experience working in DevOps
- Experience with Amazon technologies
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, and Puppet Labs
- Expertise with one or more scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Node.js)
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) Certificate of Expertise (CXE)
- Experience creating and/or managing DevOps processes
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Experience with version control systems (git, svn, etc)
- Expertise with scalable architectures (e.g. PaaS, SaaS, IaaS)
DevOps Architect Responsibilities:
- Design and deploy highly available, secure, and scalable IT solutions using the latest open source technologies
- Design and implement infrastructure automation tools and workflows to support continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) initiatives
- Maintain and troubleshoot Linux servers
- Maintain and troubleshoot Linux and AWS cloud instances
- Design, implement, and maintain storage and database systems
- Design and implement monitoring tools
- Plan, design, and implement disaster recovery and business continuity solutions
- Utilize best practices from software development and operations teams
- Provide leadership, guidance, and feedback to employees on technical topics
- Establish and maintain the knowledge/skill level among team members
- Participate in and contribute to company-wide knowledge sharing initiatives
- Share knowledge and partner with other teams to ensure smooth project delivery
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by resolving issues in a timely and accurate manner and by providing exceptional customer service
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years working as a software developer in highly dynamic environment
- Developing and enhancing CI/CD pipelines
- Building microservices, containers, and orchestrating deployments to various environments
- Proven experience in continuous delivery process,
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that building a diverse and inclusive team is essential to success. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.