Java Architect Job Description
java architect job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Java Architect Job Description
A Java architect is someone who is responsible for the architecture of the Java platform.
Java 7 introduced a new model of Java architecture: the Micro Edition (ME), which focused on rapid development of small, focused “apps”.
Java architect is responsible for making sure the application succeeds and scales.
Java architects are responsible for making strategic decisions regarding the Java platform and supporting infrastructure, such as application servers, database engines, cloud computing, and service-oriented architectures.
We’re looking for a Java Architect to help us design and build the next generation of our products. As a Java Architect, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in the design, development, and delivery of our products. You will also be responsible for ensuring that our products meet the highest standards of quality and performance.
Java Architect Duties:
- Oversee technical projects, ensuring projects are completed on time and under budget
- Manage and direct technical teams
- Create, revise, and update project plans
- Analyze project needs to determine required resources and timelines
- Generate, analyze, and revise project plans and budgets
- Create schedules for project development, creation, implementation, maintenance, and repair
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and direction to junior developers
- Train and mentor team members
- Constantly monitor and revise project plans, budgets, timelines, and resource estimates based on project needs
- Manage technical budgets, timelines, and resource estimates
- Participate in technical project meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
Java Architect Responsibilities:
- Work closely with development teams to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain the Java platform
- Provide technical leadership for application architecture, technical design, and programming
- Provide technical leadership for all Java environment areas including code reviews, build automation, source control, and configuration management
- Work closely with web developers to develop internal tools and platforms for the build process
- Provide technical leadership for software development methodology, including code reviews, unit tests, and code style
- Provide subject matter expertise for application security, performance, and scalability
- Provide technical leadership for the continuous integration and continuous delivery process
- Develop and document best practices for team collaboration, estimating, productivity, software architecture, technical design, and documentation
- Work closely with product owners to understand and translate business objectives into technical requirements
- Conduct code reviews to ensure coding standards
Requirements And Skills:
- 5+ years of experience architecting large-scale applications of Java
- Experience designing and coding high-performance, scalable, reusable, enterprise Java applications
- Experience designing RESTful web services
- Experience designing, implementing, and integrating Spring and/or Spring Boot
- Experience in writing unit tests and documentation
We believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a successful team. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, races, religions, nationalities, genders, and ages. We are especially committed to supporting veterans and individuals with disabilities.