IT Architect Job Description
it architect job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
IT Architect Job Description
An IT architect is a skilled professional who designs, develops, and manages infrastructure, including computer hardware and software, for an organization.
IT architects help businesses engage technology to meet their business goals and objectives.
Their duties can include procuring new technology, planning how technology must be implemented, and designing networks that will support the organization’s future needs.
An IT architect’s duties are very similar to those who are called network architects, computer engineers, and database administrators.
However, an IT architect’s primary role is to oversee infrastructure design and implementation, whereas these other architects tend to work on individual technologies.
We’re looking for an IT Architect who is passionate about technology and has a strong understanding of how to design, develop, and deploy software applications. The ideal candidate will have experience in a variety of programming languages and platforms, and will be able to take our products to the next level. If you are a self-starter with a can-do attitude, then we want to hear from you!
IT Architect Duties
- Design, implement, and support complex technical infrastructure solutions for the organization
- Provide vision and direction for IT architecture
- Develop and implement network infrastructure solutions
- Create and oversee IT policies
- Serve as primary liaison between IT and user community
- Evaluate and recommend hardware and software solutions
- Manage IT service desk by collaborating with department heads and vendors
- Advise management on IT strategies and IT initiatives
- Implement and coordinate security, maintenance, and backup solutions
- Develop and monitor IT budgets
- Assist in developing IT objectives, plans, and programs
- Plan and maintain all hardware and software inventory
- Develop and oversee IT inventories, licenses, and agreements
- Manage IT budget and IT expenditures
- Assist in reviewing an organization’s IT infrastructure and impact to operations and management processes
- Maintain current knowledge of new software and emerging technologies
IT Architect Responsibilities
- Lead the design, development, and deployment of software applications
- Design and implement infrastructure components
- Lead the planning, budgeting, and execution of IT initiatives
- Develop and maintain and ensures compliance with IT policies, standards, and procedures
- Be the technical liaison with clients and vendors
- Oversee and approve vendor and subcontractor selection
- Conduct regular performance assessments and provide feedback to management
- Manage a team of developers and quality assurance analysts
- Perform code reviews
- assist in the selection, training, and deployment of other staff
Requirment And Skills
-Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, information systems, architecture, or other related field
-3+ years experience working in an IT industry or related field
-Expertise in specific software platforms, including Oracle, SAP, or other ERP software
-Expertise in database architecture, security
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to success. We are committed to building a team that reflects a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, and ages.