Equity Analyst Job Description
equity analyst job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Equity Analyst Job Description
An equity analyst is a person whose job is to evaluate the financial health of companies and make recommendations for buying or selling securities (stocks) in those companies.
Equity analysts typically work directly with companies, banks, and investment firms, providing them with financial research and consulting services.
They often assist clients in making stock purchases, selling stocks, and determining the price of securities.
Analysts typically research stocks, bonds, and mutual funds.
They also examine financial statements, track economic trends, and collect market data.
Analysts often follow a specific industry, such as consumer packaged goods (C
We’re looking for an Equity Analyst to join our team. As an Equity Analyst, you will be responsible for conducting research and analysis on potential investments, providing recommendations to the investment team, and assisting with the execution of transactions. If you are a motivated individual with a passion for financial analysis and investments, we want to hear from you!
Equity Analyst Duties:
- Develop industry knowledge by monitoring investment trends and analyzing relevant economic data
- Analyze key information about the company and investees
- Analyze and report on key financial metrics
- Interview company management and negotiate key deals
- Place buy/sell orders for securities
- Develop and maintain relationships with institutional investors
- Understand the industry and company’s operations
- Develop and implement investment policies
- Exploring new investment opportunities
- Develop and implement processes to improve investment operations
- Maintain strong relationships with current investors
- Develop and maintain company’s website
- Attend industry conferences
Equity Analyst Responsibilities:
- Analyze macroeconomic, industry, and financial trends, and propose strategies based on historical performance
- Maintain detailed and accurate daily online stock and option trade histories and reviews
- Review market data for accuracy and relevance, and rank stocks based on relative strength of performance
- Create models for evaluating competitors and reported earnings and revenue estimates
- Research investment opportunities and accurately identify and analyze potential investments
- Track system changes, monitor portfolio performance, and devise innovative investment solutions for clients
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required (MBA a plus)
- 5+ years in investment banking, private equity or securities firm
- Over 2 years experience in an investment/valuation role
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with knowledge of financial statement analysis
- Excellent verbal and written
Company Name is dedicated to creating a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We provide equal opportunity for all people, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or age. We are also committed to supporting veterans and individuals with disabilities.