Event Manager Job Description
event manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Event Manager Job Description
An event manager leads and coordinates all aspects of an event.
Event managers typically plan, organize, and oversee events.
Their responsibilities may include selecting venues, researching suppliers, hiring vendors, coordinating timelines, budgeting, and coordinating seating.
An event manager may manage all aspects of the event, from food and transportation to entertainment and security.
Event managers typically work within a company, although freelance event managers are also common.
Event managers typically work full time, but overtime is common when working on events.
We’re looking for an Event Manager who is organized and detail oriented, with a passion for planning and executing successful events. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years event management experience, along with a proven track record in managing all aspects of an event from start to finish. If you have a strong sense of customer service and are able to think on your feet to solve problems, we want to hear from you!
Event Manager Duties:
- Exceed expectations by exceeding customer expectations.
- Fulfill promises by fulfilling customer promises.
- Inspire trust by inspiring others to trust.
- Maximize results by maximizing results.
- Measure by evaluating results.
- Deliver results by meeting commitments.
- Engage others by connecting with employees.
- Deliver WOW by exceeding customer expectations.
- Lead by example, empower others, create value and growth.
- Deliver innovation and build a strong culture.
Event Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee various events including wedding and birthday party planning, and coordinating vendors’ schedules-Develop event timelines.
- Meet with clients to discuss and finalize event details.
- Maintain customer records, billing systems, and spreadsheets.
- Meet all sales goals and quotas.
- Negotiate and finalize vendor services.
- Oversee and monitor inventory and ordering of event materials.
- Create event flyers and advertisements.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, standards, and quality controls.
- Plan and maintain office inventory.
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years’ event management experience.
- Ability to manage and organize events, both small and large, with professional efficiency.
- Strong knowledge of meeting and conference planning, and knowledge of event planning and management systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
At [Company Name], we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, , and ages. We are especially proud to welcome veterans and individuals with disabilities to join our team.