Caterer Job Description
caterer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Caterer Job Description
A caterer is a service provider hired to provide food, beverage, and other supplies to an event.
A caterer’s clients are typically either corporate or institutional customers.
Depending on the caterer’s services, it may provide food service, food services, beverage services, and other catering services to event hosts.
Caterers may also specialize in a specific type of catering, such as weddings.
Caterers may also be part of a larger service organization, such as a hotel or restaurant.
Caterers often hire event planners or venues to serve their clients’ food.
Caterers may also provide their services to events outside of catering
We’re looking for a caterer to provide food for our upcoming event. The event will be held on Saturday, August 12th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm. We are expecting about 75 people to attend.
- Coordinate, prepare, and serve meals for individuals or groups
- Provide meals in a small, private setting
- Ensure that meals conform to health safety codes and other requirements
- Train, supervise, and evaluate helpers
- Ensure kitchen is clean and organized
- Liaise with clients to ensure payments and account status are accurate
- Manage food and food inventory
- Decide what meals to prepare
- Direct food preparation
- Execute food orders
- Handle customer difficulties
- Advanced knowledge of food preparation and presentation
- Ability to estimate customer food needs and prepare menus accordingly
- Ability to manage staff and train new staff
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and customer service skills
Requirements And Skills:
- Oversee catering kitchen operations, including ordering, receiving, and storing food and supplies
- Schedule staff for kitchen operation, timing of deliveries and service, and dining events
- Maintain relationships with food vendors
- Provide food inventory records
- Follow facility policies regarding waste management, recycling efforts, and food and biohazardous waste
- Keep kitchen clean and organized
- Implement facility policies regarding staff attendance, conduct, and discipline
- Supervise kitchen staff
- Ensure kitchen is up to code
- Maintain equipment and supply inventory
- Ensure kitchen is in compliance with all health and safety regulations
Our company is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.