Facilities Coordinator Job Description
facilities coordinator job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Facilities Coordinator Job Description
A facilities coordinator is responsible for helping to plan, design, develop, and implement a company’s tools, technology, and systems.
For example, if a company is looking to implement a new payroll system, a facilities coordinator would coordinate with the IT department to determine what system and software are being used, what hardware is needed, and how the infrastructure should be set up.
Facilities coordinators also are responsible for the safe maintenance and upkeep of company facilities, including budgeting, equipment planning, security, and health and safety.
They are also required to help companies comply with environmental laws.
We’re looking for a Facilities Coordinator to join our team. The Facilities Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our facilities. This includes maintaining the cleanliness of our facilities, coordinating repairs and maintenance, and managing our inventory of supplies. The Facilities Coordinator will also be responsible for overseeing our security personnel and ensuring that our facilities are secure.
Facilities Coordinator Duties:
- Performs a wide range of administrative or clerical tasks to support the work of others in an office setting
- Organizes and schedules meetings and events
- Promotes a positive image for the company through efficient, courteous, and professional interactions with colleagues, clients, and visitors
- Essential job functions may include writing letters, memos, reports, and other business documents, as well as preparing correspondence, such as follow-up letters and emails
- Maintains records, files, or databases on computer, including typing and filing
- Develops and maintains spreadsheets and databases
- Sorts, files, and arranges papers and other materials
- Takes minutes at meetings, including recording and distributing meeting minutes
- Processes payments or invoices
- Enters data or codes into computer databases and files
- Prepares materials for meetings
- Screens telephone calls and directs calls to appropriate
Facilities Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update facility use files, meeting procedures, and tenant relations files, and maintain and update the employee directory
- Assist the facility management team with the daily operation of the facility, including tenant requests, vendor management, utility management, waste management, and financial management
- Prepare monthly budget reports, monitor expenditures, and present them to management for review and approval
- Research and track purchase orders to ensure inventory levels are maintained at acceptable levels, and meet with vendors to provide feedback on new or changed products
- Conduct facility walk-throughs to identify deficiencies, and recommends necessary facility upgrades and improvements
- Maintain and update facility systems to include office, warehouse, meeting, and kitchen systems, and oversee their operation
- Maintain and update all facility policies, procedures, standards, and values
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Proven experience in a mid-level administrative or office support role
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft applications
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of business environment operations
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
We encourage applications from a diverse range of people, including those from different races, religions, nationalities, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. We’re committed to building an inclusive team that reflects the communities we serve.