Media Director Job Description
media director job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Media Director Job Description
A media director is the person in charge of all communications for a company.
They are in charge of developing the company’s overall communications strategy, establishing company values, policies, and procedures, and establishing relationships with suppliers, vendors, and customers.
A media director is in charge of developing strategies to position your company so that its message is consistent and authoritative.
A media director can be the executive director of a company’s public relations department, or they can be a vice president or the director of corporate communications.
A media director can be paid or volunteer, but their company must have the resources to provide them with a computer, a printer, a phone, and limited access to other resources.
We are looking for a Media Director to join our team. The Media Director will be responsible for leading and executing our media strategy. He or she will be responsible for developing and managing relationships with media outlets, and will work closely with our marketing and communications team to ensure that our message is communicated effectively. The Media Director will also be responsible for managing our budget and ensuring that our media spend is used effectively.
Media Director Duties:
- Plan and oversee all media related activities, such as advertising, promotions, and public relations
- Work in conjunction or collaboration with marketing, creative services, and other departments within the organization
- Oversee, manage, and develop media strategy
- Supports corporate media needs, implementing communication strategies
- Ensures all media-related activities are in alignment with corporate objectives
- Manages media buying
- Monitors campaigns
- Develops media plans
Media Director Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a media strategy to communicate the employer brand by monitoring relevant media, developing and executing media plans, selecting media as a means of targeting specific audiences, and tracking results
- Maintain relationships with key media and trade publications (print, online, TV, radio, mobile, out-of-home), including digital properties, community newspapers, and industry-specific publications
- Develop and maintain a media contact list of media contacts and influencers, and attend media events (press conferences, industry events, etc.)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of each campaign implemented to optimize future media plans
- Conduct competitive analyses to benchmark media performance against peer and industry competitors, and share findings with team members
- Provide timely, accurate, and pertinent information to senior leadership
- Promote products and services to target audience through various media vehicles, including social media
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communications, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in digital media planning and buying, including experience managing media budgets
- Managed successful digital media campaigns for various types of clients in various industries
- Developed digital media strategies, including brand monitoring and social media
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that building a diverse and inclusive team is crucial to our success. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.