MOT Tester Job Description
mot tester job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
MOT Tester Job Description
A MOT tester checks your vehicle’s roadworthiness to ensure it conforms to road safety laws.
It tests your vehicle for emissions and other problems.
It checks the engine and exhaust system, the brakes, lights and indicators, the steering, tires and other fittings.
Depending on what your vehicle’s manufacturer recommends, you might need to get your MOT test done every 12 months or every year.
MOT tests are not compulsory, but failing one can result in a fine.
A MOT test can also tell you if your vehicle has any hidden problems, such as worn brakes.
We’re looking for MOT Testers to work in our busy garage. You must be fully qualified and experienced in testing cars and light commercial vehicles to the highest standards. You will be responsible for conducting MOT tests to the required specification and ensuring that all paperwork is completed correctly. If you are a motivated and experienced MOT Tester, then we would like to hear from you.
MOT Tester Duties:
- Performs testing of motor vehicles in accordance with company guidelines and present vehicle passes all inspection
- Completes all paperwork assigned
- Completes all documentation on inspection reports
- Completes all safety checklists
- Completes all customer paperwork
- Completes necessary record keeping
- Completes all inquiries from the customer on vehicle maintenance
MOT Tester Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement appropriate test plans and protocols for vehicle safety and performance, including brake, tire/wheel, suspension, and steering systems
- Test vehicles to ensure they meet safety and performance standards and are in compliance with manufacturer’s warranty requirements
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and standards, including safety procedures, quality systems, and DOT regulations
- Maintain accurate records, including inspection and repair history, and document findings
- Complete all necessary reports, which may include operational evaluations, maintenance log books, and accident reports
Requirements And Skills:
- M.S. degree or ASE certification in automotive service or maintenance
- Certified ASE diesel technician certification
- Passed a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen
- Previous automotive service experience
- Ability to perform diagnostic and inspection of brake systems
At [Company Name], we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.