Pianist Job Description
pianist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Pianist Job Description
A pianist is a person who plays the piano.
A piano player is a person who performs for an audience.
A piano player may be a professional, such as a classical pianist, or a hobbyist.
The piano is a musical instrument.
The piano was first developed in 17th century Europe by Bartolomeo Cristofori, an Italian violin maker.
The piano’s basic elements are a keyboard and strings, but several modern models also feature a percussion section, electronic sounds, and other effects.
We’re looking for a Pianist to come and play at our party. We would love to have someone who can play some upbeat music to get everyone dancing.
- Provide musical entertainment for events, weddings, funerals, receptions, etc.
- Perform instrumental or piano accompaniment
- Keep abreast of current musical styles, music technology, and opportunities
- Research, plan, and execute live performances and recordings
- Communicate clearly with peers, clients, and vendors
- Attend professional meetings, lectures, workshops, etc.
- Perform at wedding ceremonies, receptions, and other social events, as well as private occasions such as dinner parties and corporate events
- Entertain guests with classical piano music, playing popular songs upon request, or providing a variety of classical and light classical repertoire and requests
- Communicate with venue management to ensure seamless setup, performance, and breakdown
- Play background music during meals, cocktail, or dinner hours
- Provide music during dancing, including first set, last set, or a continuous set
- Maintain a repertoire that includes a wide variety of classical and light classical piano pieces
- Maintain an accurate schedule of all performances, including travel time, performance times, and travel time estimates between events
- Prepare event location in advance, including arranging appropriate placement of grand piano, setting up of sound system, and setting up of lighting equipment
- Maintain an organized and clean work space
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in music or related field
- Experience with at least one of the following musical styles: jazz, classical, or popular music
- Proven ability to perform at a variety of venues
- Strong customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to play by ear and improvise
- Excellent organizational skills
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in building a diverse and inclusive team and encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.