Picker Job Description
picker job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Picker Job Description
Picker is a vehicle used for loading and unloading containers onto and off of shipping vessels.
One type of picker is a lift truck.
Lift trucks are heavy, motorized vehicles with large forks used to move and store cargo.
Lift trucks are most commonly used in warehouses and on loading docks.
They are a safe and secure way to transport heavy items.
A self-propelled picker is a vehicle without a crane.
It is used for loading and unloading containers that are too large to be picked up by a lift truck.
A straddle carrier is a type of picker that uses two forks to transport cargo.
One fork is under the cargo
We’re looking for Picker to help us with our inventory.
- Collect and pack all outgoing shipments
- Coordinate the loading of incoming shipments
- Quickly load and unload shipments for efficient transport
- Maintain clean, organized warehouse
- Assure the safety of warehouse personnel and shipments during the entire transportation process
- Maintain accurate inventory records
- Create and adhere to safety guidelines
- Move goods from storage to customer locations within specified delivery timelines
- Load transports and assigned vehicles, order containers, and pack freight in trailers
- Identify and access assigned equipment at customer locations
- Inspect incoming freight for damage and verify paperwork is accurate
- Assist in forklift operations
- New hires must successfully complete 9 weeks of on-the-job training.
Requirements And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in anthropology, history, archaeology, or related field
- Knowledge of United States and international art history with focus on American art history
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to use a computer for extensive
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to building a strong team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.