PR Coordinator Job Description
pr coordinator job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
PR Coordinator Job Description
A PR coordinator is a person who controls the company’s public relations and image.
PR coordinators help companies maintain a positive public image by making sure that they are conveying the right messages in the right way to the right people.
They might also write press releases or newsletters, create brochures and advertisements, and news conferences.
They may also write speeches, press releases, and other forms of written communication.
PR coordinators might help companies promote their products, services, and events.
They are also responsible for distributing and scheduling press coverage.
We’re looking for a PR Coordinator who can help us develop and implement creative and effective public relations and communications strategies. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be highly organized and detail-oriented, and have a strong interest in public relations and communications.
PR Coordinator Duties:
- Develop and execute PR strategies to promote the company’s brand image and position the company as a market leader
- Work with clients to balance communication needs with availability
- Promote company news and initiatives through press releases, internal memos, and social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Enhance image through photography
- Recommend and develop new PR campaigns
- Create news releases and pitches
- Develop and send out press releases
- Develop and manage press contact lists
- Develop content, themes, and copy for blogs, email blasts, etc.
- Research and write news briefs
- Evaluate the success of the PR campaigns and make changes as necessary
- Coordinate media events, including press conferences, special events, and product launches
- Write correspondence and proposal for media coverage
- Manage media lists, deadlines, and contacts
PR Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Develop and distribute press releases and announcements about the company’s products, services, events, and achievements, and handle media inquiries
- Provide accurate, timely, and detailed information to reporters, writers, and editors, as well as manage their inquiries
- Create and maintain media lists and lists of internal and external stakeholders and decision makers
- Create and maintain media documents including press releases, fact sheets, and backgrounders
- Ability to develop relationships with journalists and online influencers
- Work closely with communications, sales, marketing, and customer support teams to promote the company’s brand
- Assist with new business development and event planning
- Organize company events, including seminars, trade shows, and client meetings
- Focus on generating media coverage, and drive traffic to the company’s website
- Create, maintain, and update the company’s social media accounts
- Build relationships with reporters and online influencers
Requirements And Skills:
- Proven background in PR, marketing, and/or communications
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills, and a proven ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Strong knowledge of media, press releases, social media, and media relations
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
We at [Company Name] believe that diversity is key to a successful team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.