Programmer Job Description
programmer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Programmer Job Description
A programmer is someone who writes programs or instructions that tell a computer to perform specific tasks.
A programmer is a person who writes codes (programs, instructions, or algorithms) for a computer.
Programmers write programs that help computers perform certain tasks and solve problems.
Codes that are created are called programs.
Programmers use many programming languages to write programs.
Some of those programming languages include C, C++, C#, Java, Python, and Perl.
The programming languages used to create various types of programs include apps, compilers, operating systems, and websites.
We’re looking for a programmer who can help us improve our existing software. The ideal candidate will have experience with a variety of programming languages and be able to work independently to solve complex problems. If you are a talented programmer with a strong desire to learn and grow your skills, we want to hear from you!
- Conduct detailed analyses to determine technical requirements to ensure software systems meet the requirements as defined by the organization
- Plan, develop, and document according to established procedures
- Research, gather and compile related data, and formulate queries, reports, and configuration files
- Assist in making strategic decisions using data and information
- Follow all federal, state and local regulations
- Develop and maintain reports using different programming tools
- Analyze program or application requirements to determine feasibility
- Collect, compile, and analyze data and regularly produce reports
- Create and test new programs or applications
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation
- Provide technical assistance to department or organization personnel
- Follow established guidelines and keep records as needed
- Assist with the development and maintenance of applications and Web services
- Write code for Web-based and mobile applications, including authentication, authorization, and payment processing
- Analyze business needs to determine software requirements, and develop basic and detailed designs
- Perform software maintenance and troubleshooting
- Participate in software peer reviews
- Develop unit tests, code reviews, and code documentation
- Make minor architectural and programming changes using advanced programming techniques
- Use current software engineering best practices and standards
- Apply knowledge of contemporary computing and computer systems, including hardware and software, platforms, and networking
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of coding experience
- Knowledge of relational database systems, middleware, and object oriented concepts
- Knowledge of fundamental design concepts of operating systems and network protocols
At Company Name, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that is diverse and inclusive. We encourage applications from all races, religions, national origins, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages. We also encourage applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities.