Science Teacher Job Description
science teacher job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Science Teacher Job Description
A science teacher is a professional who teaches elementary and secondary school students the science of nature.
The science of teaching also falls under the rubric of a science teacher.
The science teacher is also expected to be an educator, who prepares future teachers, in both the classroom as well as with in-service teacher training.
The science teacher is also expected to be able to conduct research, evaluate curriculum and assessment, and engage in additional teaching duties.
A science teacher may work in public or private schools, colleges, universities, or organizations.
The science teacher of the 21st century is well-equipped with technology, high-quality curricula, and student-centered approaches to teaching.
We are looking for a Science Teacher who can inspire our students to love learning about Science. The teacher should be able to make Science lessons fun and interesting, while still teaching the necessary information. We want our students to have a teacher who is passionate about Science and who can help them to see how interesting and important it is.
Science Teacher Duties
- Provide instruction and curriculum for elementary/middle school science.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of curriculum and teaching methods.
- Prepare and update individualized education plans.
- Provide students with guidance on study skills.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate classroom activities.
- Work collaboratively with students, families, staff, and community members.
- Develop curriculum and lesson plans that reflect state and local requirements.
- Assist other teachers with activities in the classroom.
- Develop, maintain, and update school records, databases, and rosters.
- Coordinate and schedule testing.
- Incorporate technology in teaching.
- Meet state requirements.
Science Teacher Responsibilities
- Design and manage instruction that includes instructional strategies, teaching methods, and curriculum materials.
- Maintain classroom equipment and facilities.
- Schedule lessons, classes, and grading periods, and supervise student academic attendance.
- Review student work, prepare lesson plans, and administer tests.
- Work with school administration to develop curriculum, revise school policies, and implement new technology.
- Plan extracurricular activities.
- Assist with securing and managing school resources.
- Maintain attendance records.
Requirements And Skills
-PhD in Science Education or a related field
-Experience in public school teaching
-Knowledge of latest methods and trends for teaching science
-Ability to work with colleagues to design and teach multi-disciplinary courses
-Availability for extra time outside of school for instruction and grading
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in building a diverse and inclusive team and encourage applications from people of all walks of life. We welcome people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with different backgrounds and perspectives.