Art Teacher Job Description
art teacher job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Art Teacher Job Description
An art teacher is someone who leads or teaches art classes in a school setting.
An art teacher works with students of all ages to improve their artistic abilities.
They usually work with individual students, though they may work with small groups of students.
A job as an art teacher usually requires a degree in art education, though depending on the job, a bachelor’s or master’s degree may be required.
An art teacher teaches a variety of art forms in elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools.
They teach art classes such as drawing, painting, music, sculpture, ceramics, and graphic design.
We’re looking for an Art Teacher who is passionate about art and teaching, and who is excited to join our team! We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and we are committed to providing our employees with the resources they need to succeed.
Art Teacher Duties:
- Design and conduct art curriculum
- Maintain appropriate class sizes
- Design lesson plans, including objectives, materials, and assessments
- Prepare and maintain the classroom environment
- Implement and administer student evaluations
- Maintain inventory of classroom materials
- Publish and distribute instructional material, including lesson plans, student assessments, and handouts
- Incorporate technology into curriculum
- Evaluate student work, providing written and verbal feedback
- Promote school spirit and morale
- Provide professional development opportunities for staff
Art Teacher Responsibilities:
- Design curriculum, lesson plans, and a variety of classes including drawing, painting, sculpture, ceramics, printmaking, and digital media, and help students
- develop creative skills
- Collaborate with parents, principals, and guidance counselors to select students who are high-interest in pursuing art-related careers
- Establish and manage a roster of students, and communicate with parents and students on a regular, scheduled basis
- Encourage students to participate in school and community arts programs
- Create and update student portfolios to demonstrate students’ accomplishments
- Provide art classes to at-risk students, students with disabilities, and gifted students
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of trends in art and teaching techniques
- Plan and instruct field trips and school-wide events related to art
- Develop and maintain relationships with professional artists and art organizations working in the local community
- Assess student progress, identify at-risk students, and measure student learning outcomes
Requirements And Skills:
- Master’s degree in Art Education, or 4+ years teaching experience
- 4+ years experience managing and planning art instruction
- Strong knowledge of K-12 curriculum and applicable state and local standards
- Knowledge of curriculum planning
- Knowledge of DECA and National Art Honor Society
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to success. We are committed to building a team that is diverse and inclusive of people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, gender expressions, and ages. We are also committed to supporting and promoting veterans and individuals with disabilities.