Utility Worker Job Description
utility worker job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Utility Worker Job Description
Utility workers are people who repair and maintain electrical, gas, and plumbing systems.
Utility workers are called utility workers because they perform duties that maintain the utility systems that provide electricity, gas, and water.
Repair and maintenance workers perform tasks such as replacing circuit breakers and fuses in electrical boxes, repairing underground gas and water lines, and replacing broken water meters.
These workers also perform safety inspections, called leak tests, on gas lines and water mains to check for leaks.
Other duties performed by utility workers include unclogging sewer lines and storm drains
We’re looking for Utility Worker to help us maintain our facilities and equipment. You will be responsible for performing a variety of maintenance and repair tasks. We’re looking for someone who is reliable and has experience with a variety of maintenance and repair tasks. If you’re interested in this position, please send us your resume.
Utility Worker Duties:
- Inspect utility lines, equipment, and components to identify problems and to make recommendations
- Maintain and repair lines, cables, and other equipment
- Plan, organize, and direct the operations of the company’s utilities, including electricity, gas, steam, chilled water, and related systems
- Inspect and repair systems, components, and facilities
- Conduct preventative maintenance on equipment and systems
- Maintain and repair utility lines, cables, and other equipment
- Inspect and test equipment to determine running and efficiency
- Detect leaks, using meters and probes, and report results
- Check equipment before use to ensure that it is working properly
- Perform work safely and in accordance with OSHA and company safety procedures
- Maintain accurate, detailed records of work performed
- Maintain records, reports, and logs
- Handle pressure/hazard issues
Utility Worker Responsibilities:
- Handle all aspects of residential excavation, grading, water and sewer, storm sewer, wastewater, natural gas, and telecommunications for new developments
- Drive trucks, bobcats, and excavators with power attachments, and perform manual excavation with hand tools
- Collect and analyze site survey data to prepare grading plans
- Construct portions of roads, sidewalks, and parking lots
- Operate traffic control equipment on construction sites
- Maintain job sites, equipment and tools
- Establish and maintain good relationships with subcontractors, vendors, homeowners, and city officials
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 1+ year’s proven experience as a utility worker
- Knowledge of utility equipment and materials
- Ability to identify problems and resolve them
- Ability to set priorities and work under deadlines
- Knowledge and ability to work well with others
We believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a great company. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences, as we believe that a diverse team makes us stronger.