Plumber Helper Job Description
plumber helper job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Plumber Helper Job Description
A plumber helper is a person who assists a licensed plumber.
A plumber helper may not do plumbing work of any kind.
A plumber helper is not an employee, but rather an independent contractor.
Unlike employees, a plumber helper does not need to be bonded or insured.
Generally, a plumber helper works under the direction of a licensed plumber, but may perform duties alone as well.
A plumber helper typically handles installations and repairs in residential and commercial establishments.
A plumber helper spends the majority of his or her day performing manual labor, such as setting drain traps, unclogging pipes, sorting pipe fittings, and soldering.
We’re looking for a Plumber Helper to work with us on a variety of plumbing tasks. If you have experience with plumbing and are looking for a new challenge, then this is the job for you!
Plumber Helper Duties:
- Help plumbers by washing out pipes, installing, repairing, and maintaining plumbing systems.
- Assist with demolition, demolition clean up, or cleanup of plumbing fixtures, pipes, and drains.
- Perform a variety of plumbing-related activities, such as removing clogs, installing new plumbing fixtures, making repairs, adding piping, removing debris from drains and pipes, and fabricating and installing new pipes and fixtures.
- Fabricate and install new plumbing fixtures and pipes.
- Install and repair plumbing systems.
- Remove existing fixtures, such as toilets, sinks, and tub or shower valves.
- Repair and replace damaged plumbing fixtures, such as bathtubs and sinks.
- Install and make adjustments to plumbing systems.
- Identify, locate, and test leaks.
- Check in with supervisors and customers to make sure the work is being performed satisfactorily.
- Other duties as assigned.
Plumber Helper Responsibilities:
- Work with plumbers and plumbers apprentices to install plumbing fixtures in residential and commercial buildings.
- Instruct plumbers and plumbers apprentices on proper use of tools and materials, problem-solving, and safety procedures.
- Clean and maintain plumbing supply and drain lines, and troubleshoot plumbing problems.
- Remove and replace faucets and fixtures on kitchen and bathroom sinks as well as toilets.
- Clean and sanitize drinking water systems.
- Remove and replace other plumbing fixtures.
- Insure that all work meets safety standards.
Requirements And Skills:
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, and stoop for several hours at a time.
- Ability to reach, bend, and stoop to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to lift up to 250lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs.
We at [Company Name] are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive team is essential to building a successful business. We welcome applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.