Account Director Job Description
account director job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Account Director Job Description
An Account Director is an individual responsible for managing or cultivating accounts within a specific industry.
They’re responsible for the management and reporting of multiple clients.
They serve as a liaison between the client and the business, identifying new client opportunities and helping existing clients maximize their return on investment.
Account Directors serve as the funnel between the business and its client bases.
They estimate, design, and implement the marketing strategies or plans that will drive client acquisition.
Additionally, account directors help clients manage their current marketing endeavors, such as improving response rates, campaign effectiveness, and audience engagement.
We’re looking for an experienced and driven Account Director to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of account managers and account executives to drive results for our clients. You will need to be an expert in client service and have a track record of success in managing and growing accounts. If you are a strategic thinker with a passion for driving results, we want to hear from you.
Account Director Duties:
- Develop strategic plans for optimized productivity
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement
- Uphold standards of excellence and soaring quality
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
Account Director Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of accounts across mobile, web, ecommerce, and social channels
- Analyze and report on campaign performance to identify opportunities for growth
- Coordinate distribution between multiple vendors to ensure each platform has a consistent and unique value proposition
- Manage client expectations and expectations from internal teams
- Create and manage budgets in order to meet campaign objectives
- Collaborate with client teams to develop effective account marketing plans
- Develop and maintain positive client relationships
- Research and report on new technologies and trends in the industry
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including the creative team, design, digital content, and client services
- Create, manage, and report on post-launch reports and data
- Develop and implement retention and loyalty programs
- Plan and oversee account-based marketing programs
- Create and manage a pipeline of leads and contacts
- Visit clients at least quarterly
- Attend trade shows
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 2+ years experience as an Account Director
- Strong technical knowledge of technical software and report writing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multitask and work well within a team
- Strong organizational skills
We at [Company Name] believe that diversity is key to success. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive of people of all races, religions, nationalities, genders, gender identities, gender expressions, and ages. We strongly encourage applications from veterans and individuals with diverse backgrounds.